Suggest a bar or pub in Dockyard

maurick

Tourists are everywhere man! We are a very social people and truly enjoy sharing with you all. I'm at Frog and Onion a lot cos i live and work nearby and Hammerheads, when I'm in Hamilton I go to Hog Penny and The Beach. I think they'll let me back in The Beach now.

I've heard the Brits have a "hollow leg" when it comes to drinking... so do Bermudians credit that heritage? I'm not sure how much you guys relate to the UK... I mean you drive on the same side of the road. How similar are British and Bermudian culture?

I've heard the Brits have a "hollow leg" when it comes to drinking... so do Bermudians credit that heritage? I'm not sure how much you guys relate to the UK... I mean you drive on the same side of the road. How similar are British and Bermudian culture?

The Brits aren't even close to us with their hollow leg.

We drive on the proper side of the road.

Our system of government is the Westminster, but we make all our own laws. Since we are a British Overseas Territory, we have a governor sent down to us by the queen. He just makes sure the rules are followed, to put it really simply.

As for culture, people from the US think we're very British, and the Brits think we're very American. We've taken the best of the British things like cricket and football and the holidays, and adapted it to suit our far superior weather, personalities and fashion sense while coming up with our own stuff, like Black Seal and fish cakes and sitting on walls and our accent to name a few.

We've taken the best of the British things like cricket and football and the holidays, and adapted it to suit our far superior weather, personalities and fashion sense while coming up with our own stuff, like Black Seal and fish cakes and sitting on walls and our accent to name a few.

Oh, I am going to enjoy raising a pint or three with you Bermudians, I can tell!

But where I come from, cricket is what you put on a fish hook, and football is oblong. But as long as you like to drink, I'm game.

Can you suggest a pub or tavern in St George?

I like The White Horse, at the end of the bridge to Ordnance Island where the Majesty docks, i also like Tavern by the Sea, at the end of water street. Drink at White Horse, eat at TbtS. If I was to venture out of the towne of St Georges, i would head over to Ft St Catherine to Beach It, Bermuda's only real beach bar.

GREAT news about Beach It at St. Catherine's. Looks like that is where I will take the DS's when I am solo (and DH is playing golf in his seriously garish outfit). Much closer and less fear of losing one during transport back and forth to the Snorkel Park after a beverage or two or three.........I'll wait to do the Snorkel Park when I have backup. We were in Bermuda 8 years ago but only ever took a taxi or a bus. Look forward to trying the ferry this year and seeing more of Bermuda by water.

bdaguy - a friend of mine from Maine builds lobster-style fishing boats and two were built for folks from Bermuda. One is named Fish Cakes (can't wait to try some when on the island - who serves the best version?) and the other is Wound Up. Do you know the owners? He is building another right now that is destined for Bermuda after it is done this Spring.

Fish Cakes (can't wait to try some when on the island - who serves the best version?) quote]

My granny does, of course. But for the best publicly accessable fishcakes i can't recall having a bad one at any restaurants. They're pretty simple. Mashed potato, codfish and a little curry powder then fry 'em up in pan.

Archived