Doing it... going solo in December

Hossa18

3 and a half hours? Wow... if I only slept 3 and a half hours after drinking and partying a long time, I'd be in rough shape... hehe, but then again, I'm probably going to be energetic and in a good mood anyway so I think I may be okay here! :)

Good for you! I'd love to be ontop of my game on only 3 1/2 hours of sleep, but I'd be dead.

3 and a half hours? Wow... if I only slept 3 and a half hours after drinking and partying a long time, I'd be in rough shape... hehe, but then again, I'm probably going to be energetic and in a good mood anyway so I think I may be okay here! :)

I will tell you that once I got home I was so tired and delusional that I thought I was still on the ship I was just that tired.

But Hey come December I will be doing it all again. First thing when I goet onboard is to get a Miami Vice I am craving them like crazy :rolleyes:

dnice1979>>>I know that you would have a fantastic time with a friend who I met on my 11-day cruise. He is a gay in a relationship, but generally cruises solo. When we went on our cruise in December, he flew from Albuquerque just so he could meet me and fly to SJU for our cruise. I talked to him for 2 months prior to the cruise here on CC boards. We had a blast, although he never slept. He was always meandering here and there and doing anything that was fun for him. We are possibly going on another cruise together, this time sharing a cabin (since he isn't in it half the time, I don't mind). He goes on cruises at the drop of a hat! :D

We are going to have to exchange email adresses. I love crusing I wish I would have started crusing sooner I would already be platinum by now !!

Good for you! I'd love to be ontop of my game on only 3 1/2 hours of sleep, but I'd be dead.

I was on reserved energy I am the type of person that as long as I hear music I am okay you turn the music off and its all over for me,

Lets just hope the nest cruise I get to see at least one sun rise.

I was on reserved energy I am the type of person that as long as I hear music I am okay you turn the music off and its all over for me,

Lets just hope the nest cruise I get to see at least one sun rise.

I'm sure you will. I'm looking forward to seeing an ocean sunrise, something I haven't seen in over seven years. I'll be on board mostly for the experience and time to myself, something I always enjoy no matter what. Though I won't be able to resist a nearby bar/happy hour... :)

I'm sure you will. I'm looking forward to seeing an ocean sunrise, something I haven't seen in over seven years. I'll be on board mostly for the experience and time to myself, something I always enjoy no matter what. Though I won't be able to resist a nearby bar/happy hour... :)

ahhh

What I would do to get a Miami Vice at this very moment!!!! Calgon Take me away:D

Hi there, I booked my first cruise ever, and I am going solo, I also booked an xmas cruise, but this one I will be doin with my 17 year old daughter.

I am really looking forward to it, I'm not anxious about cruisin solo at all, I think it's going to be fantastic, I too thought a long time about doin it, my niece tells me 'you cant go on a cruise on your own', oh yes I can.

Best wishes

Hi there, I booked my first cruise ever, and I am going solo, I also booked an xmas cruise, but this one I will be doin with my 17 year old daughter.

I am really looking forward to it, I'm not anxious about cruisin solo at all, I think it's going to be fantastic, I too thought a long time about doin it, my niece tells me 'you cant go on a cruise on your own', oh yes I can.

Best wishes

Awesome. I'm sure you'll have a great time solo. I hope to come back home after making good connections with new great people on the cruise! Thanks for the wishes. :)

We are going to have to exchange email adresses. I love crusing I wish I would have started crusing sooner I would already be platinum by now !!

Any time....proos at ptd dot net:)

I need to win a lottery or something. Getting antsy to cruise anywhere, even for a long weekend.

Any time....proos at ptd dot net:)

I need to win a lottery or something. Getting antsy to cruise anywhere, even for a long weekend.

I know the feeling I don't cruise until December I swear it feels like I am going to lose my mind.

I sent you a email!!!

Hmmm! I've already lost my mind, but I have an idea. I will just confiscate our rebate checks and just tell him his was lost in the mail...hehehe! I have always gone on RCCL, but the food last time was pretty horrid and I am up to trying Carnival to compare the two more or less. Heck, I'd even be willing to take a slow boat to China at this point. I'm ready to go, but my pocketbook isn't, but I will get it done one way or the other.

Hmmm! I've already lost my mind, but I have an idea. I will just confiscate our rebate checks and just tell him his was lost in the mail...hehehe! I have always gone on RCCL, but the food last time was pretty horrid and I am up to trying Carnival to compare the two more or less. Heck, I'd even be willing to take a slow boat to China at this point. I'm ready to go, but my pocketbook isn't, but I will get it done one way or the other.

lol!

I was supposed to go in Royal Carribean for first cruise but they rasised the rates at the last minute so I went with Carnival.

I'm really looking forward to the experience. My only concern is finding people close to my age (I am 25 years old). Though I'm confident I'll be able to mingle with everyone.

Hi...take my word for it, having an attitude to mingle with everyone is the right one. I have met people from all over the world, from every age group, a lot of variety.

On my last cruise, I sat at a table with 6 other people. Between us we spoke English, Italian, Spanish, Slovak, German, and French. Every conversation was held in a 3-way of English, Italian, and Spanish. We cracked up explaining to one of our tablemates American slang. I learned how to say quite a few things in Italian. It was one of the highlights of my trip. Andiamo!

Hi...take my word for it, having an attitude to mingle with everyone is the right one. I have met people from all over the world, from every age group, a lot of variety.

On my last cruise, I sat at a table with 6 other people. Between us we spoke English, Italian, Spanish, Slovak, German, and French. Every conversation was held in a 3-way of English, Italian, and Spanish. We cracked up explaining to one of our tablemates American slang. I learned how to say quite a few things in Italian. It was one of the highlights of my trip. Andiamo!

Wooooo!!!! That's awesome. I love meeting new people, and that's really what life is all about.

Just want to thank everyone for their stories, advice, and input since I started this thread; looks like I've got some good connections already. Let's keep the thread going!

Most ships have tables for 2, 4, 6 and 8. They generally try and seat solos at larger tables with other solos. If you don't like your tablemates, DO NOT hesitate to go to the maitre'd and ask for a change. You NEVER have to be unhappy with your table. Assignments are basically a crapshoot, done by the maitre'd or at the cruise line's head office.

BTW, we had a blast in Pittsburgh !!!!!! Went to the Dapper Dan dinner on Tuesday night and saw Sid and Mario close up. Then the game last night was awsome. Our tickets were in the front row, right next to the Pen's bench. If you watched on TV, we were sitting right behind the O in the Geico sign on the boards. I hate the Flyers, and it was great seeing them get beat.

Most ships have tables for 2, 4, 6 and 8. They generally try and seat solos at larger tables with other solos. If you don't like your tablemates, DO NOT hesitate to go to the maitre'd and ask for a change. You NEVER have to be unhappy with your table. Assignments are basically a crapshoot, done by the maitre'd or at the cruise line's head office.

BTW, we had a blast in Pittsburgh !!!!!! Went to the Dapper Dan dinner on Tuesday night and saw Sid and Mario close up. Then the game last night was awsome. Our tickets were in the front row, right next to the Pen's bench. If you watched on TV, we were sitting right behind the O in the Geico sign on the boards. I hate the Flyers, and it was great seeing them get beat.

Thanks for the info. They must have each passenger's particular situation on hand when they arrange the table seating. I'm hoping I can get along with everyone (then again I've gotten along with everyone here!) :)

Scott Hartnell is a joke. He pretty much single-handedly might have cost his team a playoff spot. I loved Sid's vindication after scoring...twice.

We'll be at Game 2 of the first round, me and a bunch of friends. We'll have the Pens caravan riding all the way from Happy Valley into Pittsburgh. I'll have to get some good pics. That building will cave in when we go deep into the playoffs.

GO PENS!!!

Hi, another solo cruiser here:) and just want to say it is the

only way to go for me:D

I just returned from a 10 nighter for my 50th birthday and it

was FANTASTIC:D

I agree with Darcie's comments about your dinner table.

IF by chance ya'll don't "click" and you want to change tables,

go see the Maitr'd after dinner that first evening. They

are usually very helpful!

Wishing you smooth sailing in all the ways that count the

most:)

Hi, another solo cruiser here:) and just want to say it is the

only way to go for me:D

I just returned from a 10 nighter for my 50th birthday and it

was FANTASTIC:D

I agree with Darcie's comments about your dinner table.

IF by chance ya'll don't "click" and you want to change tables,

go see the Maitr'd after dinner that first evening. They

are usually very helpful!

Wishing you smooth sailing in all the ways that count the

most:)

Where did you end up going? I'd do ten nights, but I probably couldn't cruise again for another five years if I ended up doing that. :)

Where did you end up going? I'd do ten nights, but I probably couldn't cruise again for another five years if I ended up doing that. :)

5 years?:eek: I would go into withdrawls after 1;)

I sailed out of San Juan with stops in Tortola, Barbados,

St Lucia, Aruba, St Martin, Grenada and Curacao. It was simply

wonderful.:D

This was a special cruise for the BIG 50 birthday:). Normally

I do 7 nighters and I try to cruise twice a year. Sometimes

I can find a way to stick a 3rd one in there too.

5 years?:eek: I would go into withdrawls after 1;)

I sailed out of San Juan with stops in Tortola, Barbados,

St Lucia, Aruba, St Martin, Grenada and Curacao. It was simply

wonderful.:D

This was a special cruise for the BIG 50 birthday:). Normally

I do 7 nighters and I try to cruise twice a year. Sometimes

I can find a way to stick a 3rd one in there too.

Happy belated Birthday. I'm halfway there...lol. If there's any people that I wouldn't mind taking on a cruise with me, it'd be my dad and my stepmom. They love traveling and I'm sure they'd have a kickass time on a cruise, and they are just as outgoing as I am (albeit my dad has a personal curfew for himself...lol) ;)

• 1 month later...

I am scheduling a solo cruise in July for myself. I am really scared to go alone. Stepping on that ship by myself is going to be overwhelming. I am a very shy person by nature and tend to keep to myself but anxious to come out of my shell. Any advice?

Hi:)

Did you check the roll call board for your sailing? That is a nice

way to meet other people on the same cruise:) You can get

to know folks from these boards and many times people set up

gatherings on the ship to meet one another live and in person:)

Most cruisers are very friendly:D

There are alot of threads on this forum about solo cruising so

you might take some time and read through them.

I have been cruising solo for 5 years now and I love it:D

Archived