Debarkation (the day before the cruise ends)

seattlecruiser

I'm sure it is allowed, but there are probably hoops to be jumped through. I would call NCL and speak to a real person who can get you specific info. There have to all kinds of rules for passenger lists etc, especially being in another country.

It may not be as simple as getting your belongings and leaving the ship.

As most cruisers know, it is quite different arriving at a port on a cruise ship, that it is arriving at an airport. On a cruise, you typically do not see customs or immigration - the ship takes care of all that.

I think the reason is that ports of call are so brief, and passengers are not regarded as much of a risk. If you leave the ship early, you would need to clear customs and immigration and the port may not be equipped to do that. So, some special planning would be needed.

The cruise line probably does not want this extra burden, so don't be surprised if they discourage it. If they do allow it, there could be some extra costs due to the special handling required.

Just a quick update on this question. I called NCL and asked if I could debark the ship one day early. They said that Homeland Security does not allow this. Not sure what Homeland Security has to do with a foreign flagged ship in a foreign port but that is what they told me.

Archived