RIP Aloha Airlines

AFT_LOVER

after 60 years serving Hawaiians, the airline is officially CLOSED. Due to the addition of GO! airlines, who is Mesa Air, $20 mil lost in a year.

So if you are holding tickets for them for a NCLA cruise, you are due a refund or Hawaiian Air tickets.

after 60 years serving Hawaiians, the airline is officially CLOSED. Due to the addition of GO! airlines, who is Mesa Air, $20 mil lost in a year.

So if you are holding tickets for them for a NCLA cruise, you are due a refund or Hawaiian Air tickets.

while Go! did finish them, they were in deep trouble before Go! arrived. I watched their last flight from Hilo today with a water salute. I flew them once and once was enough so now I use Hawaiian for my flights around the islands.

about 10 years ago they merged with Hawaiian and they got the Hawaiian government to ban Delta, Continental, United, ATA, etc from interisland flights. So they could fly into Honolulu & then fly back making all of us have to get there to fly home. We had the Embassy timeshare for 15 years before we sold it back to the new resort owner in February 2007. Then I see this GO! with the sleeping pilots that missed Hilo airport. My husband & I looked at each other saying who are they?

since the airline is gone, so any funs you want to upgrade will be from credit card you charged it to. If this was a package from NCL with air then contact them if they booked you on them.

If you paid with a check or other, then good luck seeing it with a bankrupt company.

Should I expect that there will be any upgrades as a result of Aloha Airlines RIP?

We are scheldued on Pride of America 3/12 with a less than desirable cabin.

Sorry, when I posted I wasn't clear. I'm cruising POA 4/12. We are not flying Aloha, but UAL.

I'm just wondering if the termination of Aloha flights will cause a lot of cancellations and upgrade possibilities on the cruise.

as folks will get new flights if NCL booked them or they do it themsleves to make the cruise. You can pay to upsell to something better if they call you or pay for a better stateroom than what you bought.

Sorry, when I posted I wasn't clear. I'm cruising POA 4/12. We are not flying Aloha, but UAL.

I'm just wondering if the termination of Aloha flights will cause a lot of cancellations and upgrade possibilities on the cruise.

How sad! That was my first experience with First Class, on a quick jump from Maui to Honolulu.

Viv

I agree, it was very sad news for me. Over the years, I have been very fortunate to work with many people from the islands and have learned how close knit the community is there. The amount of pride that Aloha employees have shown in their jobs and for their company is to be admired by all of us. My thoughts and best wishes are for all Aloha Airlines employees during these tough times.

Archived