Cabin #'s 6135 & 6136 Infinity

Is there anyone out there who has stayed in either one of these cabins on the Infinity.

We are sailing with a group in April 2009 and we booked these staterooms very early because it looked like they may have a larger deck.

I've since discovered what the deck plans show isn't always true.

Can anyone help!

Okay, we are booked in one of these for Jan 09, and since the search engine on here is down it is hard to get more info.

They are one foot wider, and the deck is deeper too. The deck is also teak, not the painted steel.

As there is a butler's pantry next door, there is a door that swings on the balcony, so I have read that you can have a bit more room if you swing it open, but I am not sure as to why this would be necessary. This is what I remember reading anyway.

M

We have been in 6135. Great Cabin! Contrary to opinion, it is not a foot wider. The area from the bed to the wall is the same distance as in any other CC cabin. It seems a bit bigger because you get a small loveseat versus a sofa. Might not make a difference to you but my wife likes stretching out on the sofa in the afternoon but couldn’t in this cabin. I like being on the balcony. Guess who got the better end of the deal in this cabin :)

The balcony more than makes up for the lack of sofa. As mentioned the balcony is super large and is teak or some sort of wood. Makes a difference when walking in bare feet. It also does not have the tunnel effect like you get on a lot of the aft balconies. And yes it does have a little area next door where some of the crew came out once in awhile. I hardly noticed them unless I was up on the rail. We had 2 padded lounge chairs as 2 padded chairs with a large table suitable for eating. There was still plenty of room to walk around! And I did open the railing, just because I could :)

I have mixed feelings about the location. It is in an awesome spot mixed in with the suites. Much quieter in that area and has a nicer feel (wood at the door ways of the suites, flowers in the doors, etc) You are very close to the dining room and the elevator and stairs are right there too. But, my other favorite cabin is towards the front, like 9138, because I am real close to the gym, T pool and the Spa Café for food and drinks. So location wise it is a toss up. In 6135 you are also close to the water. Up on deck 9 we were at least 30 feet farther away from the water. Seems silly, but it does make a difference.

Overall I always look for this cabin and it's sister cabin on the other side. We don’t like aft cabins because my wife gets motion sickness going backwards like that. We tried one day up at lunch to sit by the railing in the aft and she couldn’t take it.

Enjoy, you will love the cabin.

Duane

6143,44 are the slightly wider cabins. 6135,36 have connecting doors to adjoining RS. Verandas on all 4 cabins are triple deep, very nice. Because of the connecting door, 6135,36 do not have the sofa bed, but a smaller love seat. In the past, the veranda on all four of these cabins has come with 2 chairs and 2 loungers as well as a nice table that is just perfect for the CC breakfast. Some reports seem to indicate that the loungers may not be available because of "safety reasons".:confused:

6143,44 are the slightly wider cabins. 6135,36 have connecting doors to adjoining RS. Verandas on all 4 cabins are triple deep, very nice. Because of the connecting door, 6135,36 do not have the sofa bed, but a smaller love seat. In the past, the veranda on all four of these cabins has come with 2 chairs and 2 loungers as well as a nice table that is just perfect for the CC breakfast. Some reports seem to indicate that the loungers may not be available because of "safety reasons".:confused:

The people who said they couldn't get loungers were all in sweet 16 cabins, not any of the ones mentioned above. I don't believe the sweet 16 cabins are Concierge Class. The ones mentioned above are.

Archived