Need help with Bermuda excursions

akcruz

I will be traveling to Bermuda with my 17 year old DD. This is a cruise to celebrate her graduation so want her to do more of what she would like. We will be at the Dockyard from 9 AM Monday to 5 PM Tuesday. She has picked out two excursions that she would like to do. The Nightime Glassbottom boat trip (8 or 10 PM on Monday), and the Bike and Beach trip where you bike along the railroad tracks (??), can tour the fort, and end up at 9 Beaches for a swim. This tour is either 10 AM Monday or 8:30 AM Tuesday lasting for 3 1/2 hours.

The other things we would like to do are go to see the caves, hit one of the pink sand beaches (she still can't believe they are pink even after seeing the pictures), and just wander for a bit.

The questions I have are:

Can we fit all of this in during the time we are there?

Are these the things you would suggest doing, are there others that are 'can't be missed' types of things especially for a 17 year old girl?

Which time is better for the glassbottom boat? I would assume the 10 PM would make it darker and therefore more intense.

If we go to the beach at 9 Beaches is this truly respresentative of Bermuda or should we try to go to another one?

To fit everything in should we do the Bike and Beach trip Monday morning?

What would you do when?

Think that's it for now. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

I will be traveling to Bermuda with my 17 year old DD. This is a cruise to celebrate her graduation so want her to do more of what she would like. We will be at the Dockyard from 9 AM Monday to 5 PM Tuesday. She has picked out two excursions that she would like to do. The Nightime Glassbottom boat trip (8 or 10 PM on Monday), and the Bike and Beach trip where you bike along the railroad tracks (??), can tour the fort, and end up at 9 Beaches for a swim. This tour is either 10 AM Monday or 8:30 AM Tuesday lasting for 3 1/2 hours.

The other things we would like to do are go to see the caves, hit one of the pink sand beaches (she still can't believe they are pink even after seeing the pictures), and just wander for a bit.

The questions I have are:

Can we fit all of this in during the time we are there?

Are these the things you would suggest doing, are there others that are 'can't be missed' types of things especially for a 17 year old girl?

Which time is better for the glassbottom boat? I would assume the 10 PM would make it darker and therefore more intense.

If we go to the beach at 9 Beaches is this truly respresentative of Bermuda or should we try to go to another one?

To fit everything in should we do the Bike and Beach trip Monday morning?

What would you do when?

Think that's it for now. Thanks for any advice you can provide.

The 9 Beaches resort is not on the southshore beaches of the island. That is where the pink sand beaches are.

OK, since not getting a lot of replies that way, here's my plan (I think). Is this do-able?

Monday, arrive in port do bike and beach tour until 1:30/2:00, go over to Hamilton for a bit, come back to ship clean up, go back out for dinner (any suggestions?), do 10 PM glassbottom boat trip.

Tuesday, get up early (oh that's gonna hurt), head to the caves via St George according to what I've seen here. Catch bus to Hamilton, then change to another bus to make it to the beach. Not going to have much time until we need to head back to the ship.

Is this do-able? Too much? Are we missing something important? Or are there things here we should skip? :confused:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived