Which car rental places offer free pick-up in Miami port?

Schplinky

We used Alamo last year as I remembered from the year before that they had a free shuttle to the port of Miami from the airport..it saved us $24!

Alamo had reasonable rates for us Brits but I noticed all the major car rental companies picking up from the port. Alamo seemed to be the very slowest as we had to ring their office to be assured of a pick up from the port..Hertz seemed to be going round a lot but don't know if they are free.

Tinka14

We normally use Alamo (which does) but their rates are oddly high for them.

We used Thifty (first time) after they were recommended on the ports boards. They had the best rate. We were able to drop our car off at the airport and take their free shuttle to the ship. They were going to pick up passengers.

When you left the ship, how long did you have to wait for the Dollar van to pick you up? And then how long did it take to get to the rental place near the airport? Avis is the only company (I think) that is close to the port, less than 1 mile. But you have to take a cab there to get the car which I believe is around $7. I have reservations at both Dollar and Avis - not sure which to use.

We used Budget in February. You have to take a shuttle bus and a lot of other companies buses came by numerous times while we waited for Budget. Once at their depot it went quickly.

I arranged to return the car at their SW 8th Street location. There was no place to park, they were understaffed and surly. They overcharged me. :mad: We took a taxi to the port ($10-12). The driver was very pleasant and helped us forget the nonsense.

After returning home I was able to get Budget to credit me for the overcharge. It works a lot better in FLL.

Bodger

Archived