Grandeur

RosieKate

I am trying to find out what sports and equipement are on the Grandeur. The RC website implies that there is a rock wall and basketball court. Can anyone confirm that and let me know what other sports related activities I can expect to keep my kid's quest for competiton complete?

We were on the Grandeur in August. The rock climbing wall is at the exteme rear of the ship, deck 10, I believe. It was usually closed because of wind conditions except when the ship was docked. There is definitely not a basketball court. There is a fitness center with exercise equipment. Jogging is on deck 10, 5 circuits make a mile. Walking track is deck 5. Main pool on deck 9 has 4 hot tubs, solarium pool (adults only), more to the front of deck 9 has 2 hot tubs. That's about all I can think of.

Confirming there is rock wall, but no basketball court. There is ping pong, shuffleboard deck 10 aft, jogging track deck 10. There is exercise equipment in the gym, but it is fairly small and must be 16 to use. We did see kids younger being asked to leave by staff. This ship does not offer a great deal to occupy tweens and/or teens onboard as compared to the voyager class ships. My kids (ages 12 & 17) were disappointed, but made some friends & ended up just hanging out most of the time....

Archived