Anyone used Viator transfers to/from Rome recently?

Hi everyone,

I have found the Viator.com website and it seems to offer very reasonable transfers to/from Civitavecchia and Rome and the airports.....has anyone used the service recently and what did they think?

We don't mind sharing a bus/van to/from the port at all and we'd rather pay a bit more money to have a stress free transfer.

Thanks in advance,

Tinka14

I used Viator last year to go from Rome to Civitavechia. They picked us up on time at the Hotel. Drove to the port in less time than I have ever done on a bus tour. Have nothing but good things to say. Plus I could pay up front with a travel agent( who booked it for me) in Canadian dollars. Would definitely use them again. pj

Don't know if prices have changed over the year but they are probably higher now due to gasoline prices being higher.

Hi everyone,

I have found the Viator.com website and it seems to offer very reasonable transfers to/from Civitavecchia and Rome and the airports.....has anyone used the service recently and what did they think?

We don't mind sharing a bus/van to/from the port at all and we'd rather pay a bit more money to have a stress free transfer.

Thanks in advance,

Tinka14

We too are looking at the price of transfers and I must admit, they look pretty good initially, but then when you ask for a more detailed quote, the prices are considerably more than some of the other offer. I'll be interested how you go on - when do you sail?

you have to read their pricing description carefully -- on the transfer description section the LOW price says "from $XX" then there is a little link under the price and you have to click on it -- the reall prices are there -- the LOW price is for a group of 6 or 8 or more. One to two people is actually higher than some of the other transfer groups out of rome.

My voucher states a shared shuttle transfer with maximum 2 pieces of luggage, and I paid $25 pp (not the $23 I originally posted). Still not a bad price as far as I'm concerned for a van. I use Super Shuttle here in the U.S. and it's always right around that figure for a shared van ride to/from the airport.

I didn't look at private transfer prices as I wanted the van, not a car. Our suitcases are (29" on wheels and a carry-on). I was afraid the 2 huge suitcases wouldn't fit in a car.

I can only find the private shuttle on viator & have just been quoted $342 for 4 people. Where am I going wrong?

Not quite sure what you are doing wrong. I just went to the website again, here it is. I think the shuttle transfer is about the 2nd or 3rd one down.

http://www.viator.com/Rome-tours/Transfers-and-Ground-Transport/d511-g15

Thanks agabbymama.

That's the one I used, but it says private transfer. Although it reads from $40.90, when I put in 4 passengers it gives me a price of $321.43.

(I don't know where I got the $342 from...obviously didn't read it properly.)

It's looking like the train I think, although a shuttle transfer would be nicer.

Hi all

Thanks for the replies so far....

Kittycat - I am sailing on the 3rd Oct on the Galaxy, see you are from Nottingham as well! Good to know there are other cruising addicts out there! :)

Tinka14

Thanks agabbymama.

That's the one I used, but it says private transfer. Although it reads from $40.90, when I put in 4 passengers it gives me a price of $321.43.

(I don't know where I got the $342 from...obviously didn't read it properly.)

It's looking like the train I think, although a shuttle transfer would be nicer.

Sparky,

Are you wanting a transfer from the pier to Rome? That is always a lot, and sounds more like what you are getting a quote for. Some of us from our Roll call are getting quotes to go together, like 6 or 8 of us. Have you tried your roll call to see if others are interested in sharing a ride?

The shuttle transfer I was talking about was from the airport to Rome hotel. There are only two of us, and my voucher states shared shuttle.

There was another company called Roma Shuttle, but I lost their link. My computer crashed and I lost everything, so I'm slowly finding things and adding them back to my favorites.

Ah Agabbymama, that explains it.

I was looking at a transfer from Rome to the port.

I can get a transfer from the airport to Rome for the 4 of us for about 35 euros, which makes it worth it as it is not much more than the combined train fare.

I will look to see if there is any possibilty of sharing nearer the time. I'm trying to plan early as usual..there is no roll call yet.

Thanks for your help.:)

Oh, & is the link you were talking about? It is one I have bookmarked, but I know there are several?

http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/Inglese_p.htm

Ah Agabbymama, that explains it.

I was looking at a transfer from Rome to the port.

I can get a transfer from the airport to Rome for the 4 of us for about 35 euros, which makes it worth it as it is not much more than the combined train fare.

I will look to see if there is any possibilty of sharing nearer the time. I'm trying to plan early as usual..there is no roll call yet.

Thanks for your help.:)

Oh, & is the link you were talking about? It is one I have bookmarked, but I know there are several?

http://www.romeshuttlelimousine.com/Inglese_p.htm

sparky1664

No that isn't the one. This is

http://www.romashuttleairport.it/ I found their prices to be a little better, but as I said, if you can get others in your roll call that brings down the price.

Hi all

Thanks for the replies so far....

Kittycat - I am sailing on the 3rd Oct on the Galaxy, see you are from Nottingham as well! Good to know there are other cruising addicts out there! :)

Tinka14

Hi tinka14, we sail on the 29th September on the Pacific Princess - you're right, it's good to know there are other cruisers in the area!!!

Archived