Celebration deluxe cabin 3rd person sharing

We have booked a 7 night Canary cruise over new year. It will be our first cruise with Thomson after quite a few cruises on much bigger, newer ships. My parents are travelling with us and this was the only cruise that fitted our timescale and didn't involve a long haul flight(which my mum didn't want).

We're looking forward to trying something different but one of our queries is about the cabin. We(myself,husband and 13 year old son) have booked a deluxe cabin on deck 7. Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins with a third person or seen one set up. I think the third bed is a rollaway but am not sure how much room it takes up and if it is removed during the day.

Thanks in advance.

Julie

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

We had one of these cabins on our red sea cruise. Our 13 year old daughter had the 3rd bed - it was a sort of roll-away but adult size and was in it's own area opposite the dressing table. It stayed there all the time. The cabin itself was huge, plenty of space to move and loads of storage.

Enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the reply, I was beginning to think no one ever had a third person in these cabins!

I must admit that with this being an older ship I was worried that the cabin might be very small but it sounds like we'll be fine.

Julie

No towels needed....pool/beach towels are provided and white bath and hand towels are provided and changed at least twice a day....we also had white towelling robes on Celebration last year in our de luxe cabin!!

Hi

We went in this type of cabin over Xmas cruise and there is a lot of room. My daughter is 22 and disabled and we even had the wheelchair in the room as well. They have a curtain between the double bed and the single bed which is nice and gives a certain amount of privacy to both. Lots of space and cupboards and we would certainly book this again. We really enjoyed our Xmas cruise and had a lovely time, lots of food and drink (of course), very friendly and staff very attentive. Hope you have a great time.

Gill

Swimcoach,

thanks for the reply,glad you enjoyed the Xmas cruise. We will be arriving on 29th December for the New Year cruise and hoping for a festive atmosphere. Was the ship decorated and do you know if they do anything special for New Years Eve?

Julie

• 1 month later...

Kernow

We were on Celebration for NY 2008. It was marvellous. There is some decoration around the ship, but it is fairly discreet. On New Years Eve, we had a gala dinner, an extra entertainer specially flown in from the UK for one night, and then were entertained by the cabin crew in their own talent show - some superb singers and there was an amazing dance troupe. This was all in the Broadway Lounge. Afterwards the Captain brings the ship's bell on to the stage, links up with all the bars and lounges by microphone, and the youngest member of the crew has to ring the bell. 13 times I think it was, exactly at midnight, to ring in the new year. The poor man was only 18 and very nervous. Unforgetable atmosphere! Enjoy your cruise.

Archived