Dining Choices on the Voyager of the Seas

We will be going on the Voyager of the Seas for our first cruise in June. I am wondering about the dining choices. Is the food in the main dining room much better than the buffet ( I assume). Are the main dining room and the buffet the only free places to eat? I saw that Johnny Rockets charges $5 to eat there?

My wife and I think the food in the dining room is great, though opinions on here vary from one extreme to the other. The dining room, windjammer (buffet), and the cafe promenade are all included in the cruise fare. Johnny Rockets is $3.95 per person extra but does not include drinks or milkshakes and Portofino's is $25.00 pp extra.

Of course the dining room is better than the buffet! Windjammer is typical buffet food in warming trays. Nothing like the dining room! JR is $3.95 for food--milkshakes are extra. It's a hamburger place--ok, but not the full menu like on land.

Cafe promenade has "included" food, as well.

Don't forget room service--there is no additional charge for that, but you should tip the delivery person according to how much they have to carry!

Of course, you will also have Portofino, but that has a charge of 20 pp. (sorry--it's up to 25!)

Do try the dining room for breakfast---shorts are fine for breakfast and lunch!

Do try the dining room for breakfast---shorts are fine for breakfast and lunch!

Thanks for this. I was wondering if shorts could be worn to the earlier meals. If you order room service can you order options off the main dining room also or is it a seperate menu?

We were on there just yesterday (our last day) and I'll just write my opinion on the dining. For dinner the dinning room was the best. You could ask for 2,3,4 etc appetizers if you wanted. Same for the entrees and same for the desserts. Everything was really good.

We did the dining room once for breakfast but once we did the Windjammer for breakfast, we stuck w/that. For lunch one time we did Johnny Rockets and I really liked their malt. The windjammer wasn't all that great for lunch but most of the time we didn't really eat lunch anywhere because we ate breakfast kinda late and then by the time we knew it, it was like 4pm and we had dinner at 5:30pm, so we just waited.

Archived