Oosterdam "S" goodies

mick70

The Kings Room is gone I must tell you. No real explanation.

Just another example of HAL dumping the perks for their highest paying passengers while not lowering the fares charged to those folks

Used to be a top notch line...now it is just Carnival with higher thread count sheets!

As someone who has always cruised in an "S", I am not sure I agree with you that HAL has taken away so many perks from Suite Pax. In fact, they have added things that matter. Example is that all but one ship now has a Neptune Lounge. Zaandam will get hers shortly. While the Queen's Rooms/Pinnacles are no longer offered for Suite breakfast/lunch, I, personally do not think that such a big deal but understand others miss it. What else is missing?

At least some of the S suites are selling for less. Our upcoming cruise in the Caribbean will be our first time on HAL. We will be traveling in an S suite in December for the same price we paid for a balcony stateroom on Princess in 1997. And that balcony stateroom was 2/3 of the price we paid for an oceanview cabin in 1982.

Roberta

What is now gone:

Breakfast/Lunch in the King/Queen Room on S class ships. On the Vista's the Pinnacle was used but this is also gone.

Suite dinners on cruises 10 days or more.

The suite lunch is hit or miss. Most of the time there is a lunch but not always.

Those chocolate covered strawberries that used to appear in your cabin on a few nights.

:mad:

We will miss being able to have breakfast and lunch in the King's, Queen's, and/or Pinnacle Grill (depending on ship). We loved it. We were told about this being dropped when we were on the Maasdam this past May. In fact we were the last suite passengers to be bale to have breakfast and lunch in the Queen's Room. And it was always busy. Quite a few of us ate there many days.

We also miss the suite dinners - enjoyed them so much.

We have been lucky so far on the ships that we have been on that there has been a suite buffet in the Crow's nest in place of the sit down luncheon.

Archived