Need some help with excursion choice for Grand Cayman

i really want to do an excursion where i am pet/feed the rays that the cayman islands are known so well for. when i look on carnivals site, i get like ten different options.

my question to you is, which is the best for the buck. i want to make sure i get to see a good amount of them and what not. i dont want to pay for the excursion and then get to see like one ray. and help?

I went through mobydicktours.com. They were great! The guides are wonderful. They are a little more low key than some of the other tours and very informative. They also include a stop out at the reef for some snorkeling. It was about $35 if I recall. Whoever you go through, it will be fun!

We have been on the Stingray City, Turtle Farm, Hell excursion twice - you can't go wrong! We had so much fun at both!!

You can check out pictures from last year:

http://picasaweb.google.com/StampingFunn/LetnerCruise07

Enjoy!!

just looked at your pictures and it looked pretty awesome, definitely checkin that one out thanks

Use any of the tour operators mentioned on the Ports of Call - Grand Cayman board. Whatever you do, don't do the Carnival tour. Too many people all bumping into one another. We used Nativeways. Also heard Moby Dick is good as well as Captain Bryan's, etc. You will get a more personalized tour with a private company. When you get to Stingray City, you can't miss. The stingrays are all around. Our tour guide held the stingray while we each went up and had some one on one time. He also held a stingray on our back and gave us a "massage". We were squealing the whole time! This is a don't miss excursion.

i really want to do an excursion where i am pet/feed the rays that the cayman islands are known so well for. when i look on carnivals site, i get like ten different options.

my question to you is, which is the best for the buck. i want to make sure i get to see a good amount of them and what not. i dont want to pay for the excursion and then get to see like one ray. and help?

We used Captain Bryan and loved it. Nice boat, not too crowded. The rays were amazing, I could have stayed all day.

You won't be dissapointed with sting ray island, there is definately not a shortage of rays. The people running our boat said the rays there are so used to being fed that after they have been away for a while due to hurricanes or whatever when they go back all the rays are still at the island in a big huddle just waiting for the first boat back.

I would do a combo that has some snorkeling. I saw my first green moray eel in the wild there and he was huge. I've heard from others that he is somewhat of a fixture there as well. Most of the experienced tour operators know where to find him.

You are going to get the best price if you wait until you get to Cayman, there will be many operators on the pier holding signs, the groups are much smaller than the ships excursions they usually arrives early so you will get a prime sting ray spot.

These people are professional and will get you back to the ship on time. They usually give you options after the tour to drop you off at the beach, take you snorkeling at the reef or back to the pier.

We have used the pier operators 4 times with no problems.

i cant find a place that goes to hell, the turle farm, the rum factory and stingray city except for the one offered on the boat. I've checked everyones suggested tour company but most only go to the stingray city. I want to go everywhere! The price on carnival may be expensive but it looks like it makes up for it since it goes so many more places.

Captain Marvin's!!

If you have seen the new commercial for Grand Cayman, that deeply tanned old guy is Captain Marvin. New boats, small groups. He offers multiple options...several snorkel trips combined with StingRay City, even a tour where you help catch the Conch, then stop at a private island where the Captain makes lunch!!!

Off the tender, two blocks to your left

Two years ago went booked our excursion through Nativeways where Chris and Soloman were awesome!! They took us out to the sting rays and let us feed them, take pictures with them, kiss them for 7 years good luck, etc. Then they took us snorkeling for a while and then to Rum Point. Rum Point was our favorite spot on our entire cruise. After snorkeling you order off the lunch menu and it is ready for you when you arrive at Rum Point. We had time to eat, relax in a hammock, swim, shop at the incredibly beautiful gift shop before we headed back. They gave us a conch shell to take home at the last minute. This was one of the best, if not the best excursion we have ever been on. I highly recommend Nativeways!! :)

:)

We have been on the Stingray City, Turtle Farm, Hell excursion twice - you can't go wrong! We had so much fun at both!!

You can check out pictures from last year:

http://picasaweb.google.com/StampingFunn/LetnerCruise07

Enjoy!!

We did the same tour Hell was nothing to write home about. The trutle farm was great and well was the stingrays. We booked through Carnival no problems only had 15 people on our tour. I know alot of people bash Carnivals prices and say they are all packed but ours wasn't. Have fun :)

Mike

Can you just walk up to Capt. Marvins or some of the others mentioned here and register or do you have to book in advance? Leaving May 4 and haven't decided yet which to go with

Archived