Grand Princess Dry Dock/ Reburb?

scejas

It depends on what "refurbed" means to you. Dry docking is usually done to make mechanical repairs. Maintenance of cabins including replacement of things like bedding etc. is done on a continual basis. Grand Princess had some work done in Italy a year or two ago if memory serves, but has not been remodeled significantly.

I think all the Grand-class ships are going to get some upgrades to bring them up to Crown Princess standards, which probably means some changes in the atrium and addition of a Sanctuary area on one of the upper decks. I have no idea where that will go - the only sizeable area of free space now is the MUTS areas on Deck 15 - which would seem to at odds with the intent of a Sanctuary.

I think all the Grand-class ships are going to get some upgrades to bring them up to Crown Princess standards, which probably means some changes in the atrium and addition of a Sanctuary area on one of the upper decks. I have no idea where that will go - the only sizeable area of free space now is the MUTS areas on Deck 15 - which would seem to at odds with the intent of a Sanctuary.

My understanding is that it goes in the area that is now the "Center Court" on the sports deck forward.

Was just on the Grand. My only comparison as far as another Princess ship is the Caribbean Princess. There were some things on Grand I didn't like and maybe the proposed changes will help. At last an International Cafe might relieve some of the Horizon gridlock since there's no Cafe Caribe either.

However, what was a major disappointment with the Grand for my daughter (14) was the size and state of the 'teen' center. It was smaller than our cabin. It's located at the front of the ship and you can really tell it was an after thought-just some space taken out of the younger kids club. There were 296 teens on board and nothing in that little room to do.

They really need the kids/teen facitlities back aft where they are located on CB and newer grand class. On the Grand, the "cyber store" and arcade space is the biggest waste of space I've yet to see on a cruise ship.

All ship schedules, including dry docks, through 1989 can be viewed via Princessonly:

http://*****/

Click on the bottom link. You'll need usoft Excel to view.

AP is not on the current schedule.

BTW: Dry docks are required for refurbishments and scheduled maintenance.

Repairs are done on an as needed basis, except for Major repairs that require dry docking. Major repairs, of course, would not be

scheduled.

Archived