Credit Card Exchange Charges

Len3

According to our credit union, MC/VISA charge a 2% fee, most issuing banks or CU then tack on an additional 1%, thus the 3% fee. My credit union card only adds the 2%. Some banks or CC issuers could waive the fee, but somewhere it will be paid.

I just use my NCL CC and then get a 3% rebate, thus = free!!

I got a Capitol One CC when we went to Italy 2 years ago. They do not charge a conversion fee from euro to dollars.

To the poster who said travellers checks for her......many places in Italy can't be bothered and do NOT take them. The banks charge merchants a lot of money to cash in those travellers checks.

Capital One does not charge a fee. Get it early as it does take a while to process.

We sure ran into a problem last year with Euro's. We bank with a local bank here in town. When we would go to get cash in Paris, our ATM card was not accepted at over 5 different ATM's. Next time, I will go with a major ATM card. Nancy

Archived