Have you ever heard of PIRATES OF THE BAHAMAS THEME PARK in Freeport...

luvmygirlz

If so, please tell me what it is and what it is like.

Thanks!

Michell

Well I had never heard of it, but you made me curious, and I think I found it! http://www.fpo.trip2bahamas.com/rssvenues/v3640.htm

"The Pirates of the Beach Theme Park is one of the largest water recreation sites in the Bahamas, located right on the beach in Freeport. It features an array of activities such as swimming, parasailing, banana boating, snorkeling, kayaking, paddle-boating, mini-golf, and more. Drop the kids off at the Kidd's Camp, a fun-filled area with adult supervision and swings and see-saws, climbing and digging equipment, a professional miniature golf course, ping pong tables, basketball courts, and all kinds of water sports. Adults can grab a bite in the "sunken" pirate battleship while sipping on some grog, then get ready to compete in the sunset line dancing or Macarena dance contests held around a beach bonfire. "

I read on another forum that it had been torn up by the hurricanes a few years ago, and has not yet been rebuilt. I've never seen it myself, so don't know for sure.

It existed several years ago and was destroyed along with most of "downtown" Freeport. There is nothing like now.

Archived