Gym - Rotterdam

Vacay Lover

Hi,

I'd love to have a fair assessment of the gym on the Rotterdam from someone who's used the equipment. What time does it open/close? Do the treadmills/ellipticals have TV's/Radios attached to them so you can watch/listen while you work out? Is the eqiupment new? How are the machines and free weights? (silly question?) Do the treadmills face the water?

My routine at home is to go to the gym at about 6am every morning. I'd like to know if I will be able to stick to this on the Rotterdam.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Erica

Hi,

I'd love to have a fair assessment of the gym on the Rotterdam from someone who's used the equipment. What time does it open/close? Do the treadmills/ellipticals have TV's/Radios attached to them so you can watch/listen while you work out? Is the eqiupment new? How are the machines and free weights? (silly question?) Do the treadmills face the water?

My routine at home is to go to the gym at about 6am every morning. I'd like to know if I will be able to stick to this on the Rotterdam.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Erica,

I enjoyed the Rotterdam's gym for 20 days while on a South America/Antarctica cruise this past Jan/Feb. The facilities are good, the equipment as new as I've seen in most land-based gyms, and the views of scenery (including water) out the windows are glorious.

1. What time does it open/close? -- I don't remember, but it was printed in my daily bulletin. If I can dig one up, I'll come back to this thread and post the time. It was open EARLY, though ... I went up many mornings at 6:45 am and it was open and people were already at "work."

2. Do the treadmills/ellipticals have TV's/Radios attached to them so you can watch/listen while you work out? -- Yes, they have TV on the ship's system ... if that's what you prefer. I prefer to use an iPod and just listen to a book or to music, but that's me.

3. How are the machines and free weights? -- What do you mean by "how" ? They're good ... they work. They have both machines and free weights.

4. (silly question?) Do the treadmills face the water? -- NOT a silly question. Yes.

Photos of the Gym can be found on this page (just click on the thumbnails to get the images larger):

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/rotterdam2008/PhotoAlbum241.html

Erica,

I enjoyed the Rotterdam's gym for 20 days while on a South America/Antarctica cruise this past Jan/Feb. The facilities are good, the equipment as new as I've seen in most land-based gyms, and the views of scenery (including water) out the windows are glorious.

1. What time does it open/close? -- I don't remember, but it was printed in my daily bulletin. If I can dig one up, I'll come back to this thread and post the time. It was open EARLY, though ... I went up many mornings at 6:45 am and it was open and people were already at "work."

2. Do the treadmills/ellipticals have TV's/Radios attached to them so you can watch/listen while you work out? -- Yes, they have TV on the ship's system ... if that's what you prefer. I prefer to use an iPod and just listen to a book or to music, but that's me.

3. How are the machines and free weights? -- What do you mean by "how" ? They're good ... they work. They have both machines and free weights.

4. (silly question?) Do the treadmills face the water? -- NOT a silly question. Yes.

Photos of the Gym can be found on this page (just click on the thumbnails to get the images larger):

http://homepage.mac.com/revneal/rotterdam2008/PhotoAlbum241.html

Rev Neal,

Thank you so much! These have photos have given me the best idea of what's in store for me. I really appreciate you sharing them.

Your insight into the gym was so helpful!

Thanks again,

Erica

Archived