Tours to Sapphire Beach

coco6

Does anyone know of a tour that will bring round trip from the cruise dock to Sapphire Beach for the day then back to the dock? I tried booking Airforce 1 and they are booked full for the day I need them. I'm trying to find another guide. Any advice?

Thanks

I heard that Sonny Liston does a great tour with lots of time on Saphire beach. Folks we toured with in St. Martin loved their day in St. Thomas with Sonny and said it blew anything on St. Martin away.

Walk from the port to across the steet from K mart and catch a $2.00 Taxi to Sapphire-just tell them where you are going (about a 20 minute ride). Short walk to the beach. On the way back -just go back to the road and catch a $2.00 taxi ride back. Have fun!

Walk from the port to across the steet from K mart and catch a $2.00 Taxi to Sapphire-just tell them where you are going (about a 20 minute ride). Short walk to the beach. On the way back -just go back to the road and catch a $2.00 taxi ride back. Have fun!

Thank you!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Are there taxis readily available to take you from Sapphire Beach back to the ship?

Yes there are usually a few taxis at the taxi stand outside the hotel lobby which is beach front. If there aren't any taxis there you can ask someone at the front desk to call one for you.

--Islander

Just my opinion but that is one heck of a walk in the heat to K-Mart. To me, for an extra $16 (round trip), take Air Force One or a similar tour company's trip. If you are lugging around beach towels, snorkeling gear (which you may want at Sapphire as they charge a good amount to rent), the tour company is the way to go. You tell them when you want to go. They get you right on the cruise ship dock and they will pick you up at the exact time you want to get picked up. The ride is comfortable and enjoyable.

I am a big fan of saving money. Maybe saving $16 R/T is worth it to some. But I have no second thoughts about booking with Papa Bear and having him set me up with a transportation to and from Sapphire.

Archived