la brea tar pits

flaca

Is your 6 year old super super into dinosaurs?

It depends on what is a vital important thing for both of you.

If you do go there, you can spend a few hours, but also it's so close to Hollywood sights and shopping, you can always run out and do that or something else if the Tar Pits don't live up to your expectations.

Let me know your thoughts and ideas, and I'll give you some better plans and guidelines...

Also, what is your 6 year old (boy, girl?) really interested in?

This could be a perfect fit, or there could be much better options all over LA...

My kids spent almost 3 hours at the Tar Pits. When we got back to the rental van, there was a ticket on the windshield. I should have read the sign I parked next to. "No Parking on Street after 3:00pm" There was a whole line of cars with tickets on them. I bet LA makes a ton of money off that street.

My kids loved the tar pits! On a one-day trip to LA we: went to the tar pits, visited UCLA, lunch in Brentwood, drive Mulhullond, visited Hollywood and finally back to Union Station.

I'm with the other posters, we need more information. Maybe you would enjoy the pier in Santa Monica...

My kids spent almost 3 hours at the Tar Pits. When we got back to the rental van, there was a ticket on the windshield. I should have read the sign I parked next to. "No Parking on Street after 3:00pm" There was a whole line of cars with tickets on them. I bet LA makes a ton of money off that street.

Parking Enforcement is known for being very quick to issue tickets. I got a street cleaning ticket just last month and I was just ten minutes late to my car!:(

With those meters, it's a good idea to err on the side of caution at least a few minutes as some as those meters are a bit fast.

Archived