Hotel Recommendations for San Juan?

sunshine0503

We're going to book the AOS departing San Juan on 2-1-09 and we're looking for hotel recommendations, as we plan on arriving the night before from Detroit. Also, does everyone usually just take a cab from the airport to the hotel and then again the next day from the hotel to the pier? What's that usually run?

Thanks!

We're going to book the AOS departing San Juan on 2-1-09 and we're looking for hotel recommendations, as we plan on arriving the night before from Detroit. Also, does everyone usually just take a cab from the airport to the hotel and then again the next day from the hotel to the pier? What's that usually run?

Thanks!

Let me state that these are not budget hotels - but location is perfect.

1. Sheraton Old San Juan

2.El Convento

I think Cab airport to hotel in OSJ is or was $18 + $1 per bag over 2

Cab to the pier was I think about $10

How exciting!! We went on AOS this past Feb. 24 and loved it and now we are planning to go on 2-1-09 on Independence of the Seas (new ship) to the Western Caribbean. I am sold on cruising now!! But we stayed at Comfort Inn (in Condado) and others in our group stayed at Holiday Inn (across the street). we paid $158. It is OK for one night.

Yes, a cab is the best. Hope this helps.

Donna

You might want to checkout the Puerto Rico forum. There is a wealth of info there.

We are staying at the Courtyard at Miramar this Saturday so I have no idea if it is good or not. I do know it is in a business area but at $161 the price was right, especially during a holiday week.

Denise

I would recommend the Holiday Inn Express in Condado. It is in close proximity to the Pan American pier. The hotel is very nice and you also get continental breakfast on mornings. My boyfriend and I travelled on Adventure of the Seas last year and we are also in the process of planning for our next cruise this year on Adventure again. So we will definitely be making the Holiday Inn Express our choice of hotel again.

Cruise taken

Adventure of the Seas - 21/10/2008

hotel milano in osj

clean small rooms centrally located $155 fpr double per night with breakfast

We just stayed at the Milano. It wasn't the nicest hotel we've ever stayed at but was just fine for an overnight before the cruise. They have two rates - more expensive is for a window on the street. Do not take this - our only complaint is there was traffic noise (bass in cars) and music from local clubs until the bars closed. Take a room in back without a window.

The hotel is on one of the main streets. Walk up the street and around the block (to the north) and you'll pass at least a dozen nice looking restuarants at all price levels.

Archived