Celebrity Solstice - November 30th, 2009 - Transatlantic

spikeya4

My partner & I have put a deposit for this transatlantic. I'm very excited about this ship. It's been about 6 yrs since we've done a X cruise (Millie was our 1st) and I miss the modern & contemporary designs of X ships.

TA's have become our favorite cruises, and so far we have 3 under our belt. We are actually aslo considering RCL VOS for this Nov; we'll see how that goes.

Anyway, I KNOW this is going to be a fab cruise.

Ex NY'ers here, now in Philly, my partner & I are both 46, and very experienced cruisers!

• 1 month later...

Hello - I'm on this too. I did Constellation last year Spetember TA. The TAs have alot of time at sea - and I stil don't get to do everything I want when the cruise is over. I love crusing - and doing everything / or nothing. Traveling on my own, but know others who will be on this cruise. It will be fun!

Trying out the Solstice on December 7th. Was on the Maiden voyage December 14th, until it wasn't maiden. Thanks to CC and friends, I booked on the 7th and when prices were the lowest. Celebrity has not notified me about the 14th not being maiden - so they are losing points with me. It has been a great line and I reached Elite in Captain's Club. Traveling C1 and I like the perks and special treatment.

Have fun - the time will go quickly

Larry

It's a bit early to book airfare,even, but my most likely timing is that I'll fly over on Thanksgiving day, have a few days in Rome, and then catch the ship.

More news later. Larry (aka Rusty) and I will be together on the Solstice 12/7 sailing, so we'll get lots of pictures and check out the "must do when we have more time" list.

Looking foreward to the crossing on the Solstice - Really enjoy the crossings on Celebrity and it will be great to do this one on the NEW ship -Let's all meet at the Sky Bar for a sailaway drink - Bill from San Diego.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello to Everyone:

I can't believe that there is already a roll call thread for this crossing that is about 16 months away. I guess we are all excited. I will traveling with a group of 6 friends and family who are all eagerly awaiting the date to check out the ship. For some, it will be the first time on Celebrity but not for me and another couple. I try to do one crossing per year so by then this should be my 6th or 7th crossing.

Looking forward to posting here frequently during the next year and 4 months.

Juan

Hey guys,

I'm John and my partner is Patrick. We have also booked the 30-Nov-2009 on Solstice and can't. We also have a couple of friends coming with us. This will be our 3rd Transatlantic. We did Navigator from RCL last November and we'll be on Independence this coming November 2008 out of Southampton.

See you there:)

Hello John and Patrick:

Looks like we will be sailing on both the Independence in Nov. 2008 and then on the Solstice in Nov. 2009. What a coincidence.

I am also doing the Summit from San Juan to Barcelona in April 2009 and I think that there is someone on this crossing that will also be on the Solstice in Nov. 2009. Another coincidence.

So you were on the Navigator crossing? I've heard somewhere that it was a crossing with several issues including something about the Battle of Boca Raton?

Juan

Howdy -

Yes, that's me doing the Summit in April and the Solstice in November.

You've heard from Larry (aka Rusty) - he and I will be on Solstice December 7, so we'll check it out.

One of the other threads I'm on pointed to this site:

http://cruises.travel.yahoo.net/c/foodanddining.asp?lineid=11&vessel=579&itineraryID=&startdate=&enddate=&dsc=

which has lots of good information on the ship, including the list of restaurants and the new dress code.

Cheers,

David

Good morning Juan,

We honestly did not have any problems or issues during the cruise. It was simply fabulous. We ended up meeting a whole bunch of guys that we met everynight we went to the Dungeon. There were a couple of older ladies that had little fits but nothing out of the ordinary, simply entertaining. We always went to Karaoke nights with the guys and had a blast.

Can't wait for November.

John :)

David: Yep, you must be the one that I had seen that would be on the Summit and then on the Solstice. It's going to be a busy year doing crossings in 2009. Looking forward to both crossings. Thanks for the dining info. Very interesting reading. I've been looking at the Solstice Dec. 7 sailing also as I have not used up all of my vacation for this year. There is a lot of family on board so it should be fun. You'll have to tell me all about it while we are on the Summit.

John: Glad to hear that you enjoyed your crossing on the Navigator. I was on it for a short cruise this past November and really enjoyed the ship. Quest was an absolute riot. I know I'll end up at the nightclub every night on the Independence as I am not an early to bed person. Really looking forward to this crossing as it will be my only 2 week vacation this year. And boy do I need it!

Juan

Seems like the thread is really coming to life so early on, that is great! We have a few exciting cruises planned, but I think this is the one we are looking forward to the most.

:eek:

:confused:

:rolleyes:

:D

(Kim says... "b@$tard"...:) )

giggling all a while

"hey - that's not OUR cruise"

hehe

Walter - we will have to meet on the Dec 7th cruise. The Solstice web site makes it look like there is so much to do - the Dec 7 will be the survey cruise and the things missed will be done on the November 30th cruise. The options for dining - I want to try them all and that's not possible in 7 nights. I wondered about Blue - to pay extra for AQ calss and then the delima of eating in Blue or one of the other restaurants and missing a night at Blue. Such a problem. I'm in a S2 for December 7 and a C1 for the crossing - both on Resort deck. My TransAtlantic on Constellation had some great prices a couple of weeks before departure - so may change cabins before the cruise. Once we are within 30 days - it's had for new bookings beause of air cost - so cabin prices can be reduced.

Lots of time to plan for this cruise. Have fun!

Larry

• 6 months later...

Greetings all -

I have cancelled my reservation for this trip, in favor of the Pied Piper QM2 Holiday sailing (12/20/09 - 1/4/10).

So, if anyone was interested in the sunset view cabin #8340, it is suddenly available.

Cheers,

david.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have just booked this cruise. I see that there has been no action on this thread in awhile. We are going to Rome on the 26th spending three nights there for the first time. Anyone one else going over early? This is our 5th cruise on Celebrity. First time on such a big ship but it looks really nice. We really like Celebrity and trans Atlantic crossings this will be our 5th crossing. Looking forward to a good time and meeting others on board or in Rome. I see also there are some guys from Montreal. We spend our summers in Ste-Adele. Our best friends live in Montreal. We'll be in the city this coming weekend for the fireworks.

Jeff and Bob

Archived