Zenith in Bermuda

carlyshenk

I just watched the Food Channel's Rachael Ray in Bermuda. I got the tip from Lois earlier this week when she watched the program and saw a Celebrity ship in port on the show. She wasn't sure if it was the Horizon or the Zenith. We watched the whole show and it was the Zenith. So, that means we saw two Celebrity ships today.

My husband and I live about 45 minutes south of Norfolk in North Carolina and we went up to Virginia to shop at the military stores and I asked him to go to Norfolk to see the Horizon in port. So, we drove down and saw her. It was so exilarating! We saw her and we both yelled, "There she is!". We could see the people walking on the top deck and we talked about how excited they must be. We really enjoyed it.

Then, we got home and watched the food channel and saw the Zenith and it took us right back to Bermuda. Then, the next show was from Key West and we saw another cruise ship in port. I couldn't tell what cruise line or what ship it was, but it was there and we got excited again. We love cruising and today was a great cruising day on the Food Network.

Our next cruise isn't until next September on the Infinity to Alaska, but now we are looking for another short cruise to get us through until September.

We hope to meet someone from Cruise Critics on our next cruise, wherever it may be. We have met so many wonderful people on cruises.

I hope you all have a great weekend and happy cruising to all.

Carol

What a lovely posting Carol. We sail next week on the Horizon out of Norfolk. We booked it way back in January when we were in the Western Carib (on the Horizon), so we feel for you waiting for your Alaska cruise next Sept. BTW, this will be our first visit to Norfolk and have added on a day to take in some of the sights there.

We were on the Summit to Alaska last year and had the most amazing vacation. We hope you have the same kind of magical experience.

Unfortunately, we have consistently missed the shows on the Food Network so far. We will try harder!

Wishing you the best for the future. Thanks again for such a nice posting.

-Dave & Cat

Hi Dave and Cat,

The food network show with Rachael Ray is re-broadcasting the show from Bermuda on Oct. 6 at 12 noon. If you can watch it or tape it, try to do that. It's a great show if you're going to Bermuda.

We looked up the cruises to Bermuda out of Norfolk and we are going to try to book the Horizon on October 23. There are still cabins available at a great price and we just need a cruise until our cruise to Alaska. We usually only can afford to cruise once a year, but the price is so good on this sailing, that it's hard to pass up.

Have a wonderful cruise on the Horizon next week. I know you'll love Bermuda and the Horizon.

Carol

Just came back today. Lovely ship, great food (haven't weighed myself yet - maybe never).

Despite what it says on a paper in your room, we found first seating dinner was always at 6:00 - go by the daily schedule.

We couldn't open our cabin door by reading the instructions at the same time, but if the key was turned over, the door worked.

Closet size and drawer space are outstanding, and the bathroom is of a good size, especially the shower.

We were on deck 9, and some of the rooms had been refurbished - unfortunately, not ours. We wanted a king-sized bed, but that meant that, since the nightstand filled the other 30" or so of cabin width, one of us would be up against the wall and have to crawl in and out, so we had it changed to twins. However, down the hall there were some cabins that had new hanging TVs and the bed against the forward wall rather than the window wall. Our TV was on a large dressing table. The other furnishings were two straight chairs and a small glass table. We were pleased to get a cabin forward of the lifeboats, but it did overlook the inflatable boats and, as well, had a walkway outside that we hadn't expected. Our cabin was very quiet - never even heard voices from next door.

The whirlpool spa next to the swimming pool was looooooooovely. I still don't know why the 5 minutes that the bubbles are on is so much shorter than the 5 minutes between sets of bubbles.

You'll have a great time. If I lived in the area I'd go again and again. Nancy

Archived