Beach Suggestions For Small Children

leno

If you read further down, you will see a post regarding West Bay Beach and the Mayan Princess. The Mayan Princess will allow cruise ship passenger to use their facilities for a small fee. The beach next to them is free.....it's a wonderful beach and your grandkids can have fun there. There is a line of trees separating the beach and the condos - so you can find shade if needed. The pool at Mayan Princess is great for the 2 1/2 year old because it has one end where he/she can walk around, as it's very shallow in some areas. My three year old who is a bit afraid of the water really enjoyed playing in that part of the pool. You can make a full day of it - playing at the beach/pool and they serve great burgers and fries. My 3 y.o. munched on a grilled cheese sandwhich, which was very reasonably priced.

I also spent time on a different day at Tabyana Beach. You would have a nice time there but it's more expensive. If you do decide to go there, you will find a lot of shade for the little ones to get out of the sun.

If I had to choose between the two, I would definitely go for Mayan.....you'll love the pool!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just got back from Roatan with our 13 month old and went to the Mayan Princess. It's a very nice place. There is plenty going on on the beach so it helped to keep DD entertained. The beach is beautiful as was the pool area. We had no problems and would love, love to go back!

Just returned yesterday. Had a great time at the Mayan Princess. We went into the office and asked if we could use the pool. We were charged $5.00 per adult. No charge for the kids. We were just about the only ones in the pool which is huge. Absolutely beautiful! Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Had the 2 1/2 yr old with us and he loved it. Left the baby on the ship with grampy. The food was excellent, as was the beach.

The cabfare was $20. per person round trip. No charge for children. The driver stayed around so we could leave whenever we wanted. The drive was about 20 minutes and he stopped at some nice views to take pictures.

I really appreciated the info on this place. Thats what great about this forum!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived