Normal OBC from TA on Celebrity Xpedition?

lovetocruise99

I always transfer my booking to a TA right before final payment and I'm wondering what is a normal OBC amount for Celebrity Xpedition cruises to the Galapagos Islands? This is the most expensive cruise I've taken and I would think the travel agent offer would be more than a normal Caribbean cruise. The cruise package for 2 passengers is running around $9000.

I got a $725 "cash card" to a certain big-box wholesale store for a $7800 trip.

Is the remainder of OBC charged back to the card? The Xpedition thread has said otherwise.....but that was the $70 OBC from the fuel surcharge debacle.

There really isn't any use for onboard credit...our entire bill on debarkation - for a small purchase in the very small shop was $38. Since this wonderful cruise is all inclusive (unless you wish to add additional gratuities) so all drinks, excursions, etc. are included. If you expect a gift from your TA, I'd suggest negotiating whatever is of value to you. We sailed in 2005 and didn't get anything - never thought to ask!

I got a $725 "cash card" to a certain big-box wholesale store for a $7800 trip.

Is the remainder of OBC charged back to the card? The Xpedition thread has said otherwise.....but that was the $70 OBC from the fuel surcharge debacle.

Did you transfer to booking to the "big box wholesale store" to get the cash card? This would work for me too.

Did you transfer to booking to the "big box wholesale store" to get the cash card? This would work for me too.

We booked directly through them from the beginning (didn't know that you could transfer bookings). At first they offered all sorts of stuff, like champagne/wine/chocolates, but then later realized that was for mainline Celebrity, not Xpedition. They then offered either free insurance (advertised on their website) or the cash card.....it was an easy choice.

Archived