DRess policy question- Infinity

slim24usus

I've been on at least 15 cruises. None on Celebrity obviously. In December I'll be heading from FLA to Valparaiso on the Celebrity Infinity. I just found a posting about formal nights ( no problem been there done that) , Casual nights (been there etc) but Informal Nights with a jacket and TIE! What is that. I wore a jacket and tie for 35 years I retired. I don't do Jackets and ties EXCEPT formal nights. Do they really expect Jacket and tie on INFORMAL night!

I've been on at least 15 cruises. None on Celebrity obviously. In December I'll be heading from FLA to Valparaiso on the Celebrity Infinity. I just found a posting about formal nights ( no problem been there done that) , Casual nights (been there etc) but Informal Nights with a jacket and TIE! What is that. I wore a jacket and tie for 35 years I retired. I don't do Jackets and ties EXCEPT formal nights. Do they really expect Jacket and tie on INFORMAL night!
We did this trip in 2006. Most men will be wearing jackets on informal nights in the main dining room and much of the rest of the ship. One thing that took a while for me to get used to in FL is that a lot of people wear jackets without ties. [i just checked and see that the on-line dress code does say "tie", I thought maybe it didn't actually specify that]. Sometimes I wear the tie, sometimes not, but do feel that I am neat and trying to blend in; so far the dress police have not arrested me. There is casual dining offered in the Cafe.

Even though it says tie on Celeb's web site, the daily does not list tie for informal. Please note that the enforcement of the dress code is sporadic and there have been reports of people being turned away with at least a sports jacket.

I wear a tie every day. When I go on a cruise, I wear a jacket and tie on the cruise. That's just me. I've seen both, but I think as long as you are dressed presentably, you should be ok. I like the idea of the jacket without the tie. Ships are usually pretty cold anyway, so it shouldn't be much of a hassle.

Archived