Taxi Fare - Seattle

can786

Thanks Karen, that's exactly the info I was wanting. Princess transfers are $24pp each way, so I was wondering if there was a significant difference between that and a taxi for two people. By the time we add in a tip for the taxi driver we may be just as well to stick with the Princess transfers. I also remember the nightmare we had trying to get a taxi when we got off the Star Princess in Seattle three years ago... fights breaking out in the taxi line.

Thanks Karen, that's exactly the info I was wanting. Princess transfers are $24pp each way, so I was wondering if there was a significant difference between that and a taxi for two people. By the time we add in a tip for the taxi driver we may be just as well to stick with the Princess transfers. I also remember the nightmare we had trying to get a taxi when we got off the Star Princess in Seattle three years ago... fights breaking out in the taxi line.

Sounds about right. Unfortunately, I HAVE to take a taxi to Terminal 30, because it is too far to walk from my new apartment. (Of course it would cost me less than it would cost you, but I don't fancy getting into any altercations).

We will be coming in on Fri of memorial weekend around 9a and need to get doentown to Holiday Inn on Dexter, do you think we will run into issues getting a cab to go to the hotel? Approx how much will that fare cost and would we be better reserving a towncar of some sort?

Thanks Karen you have been a huge help.:)

We will be coming in on Fri of memorial weekend around 9a and need to get doentown to Holiday Inn on Dexter, do you think we will run into issues getting a cab to go to the hotel? Approx how much will that fare cost and would we be better reserving a towncar of some sort?

Thanks Karen you have been a huge help.:)

You will have the double challenge of the fact that NW Folklife (one of our biggest festivals of the year) will be at Seattle Center that weekend (less than a mile from your hotel), but getting a cab from the airport won't be part of it. You will have to pay about $30-35 or so to the HI on Dexter. Town car or limo will cost you the same or more.

You will be able to hear all of the noise and music from the festival at the HI from about noon to 11 pm that night (I live about a mile farther on from the Center than the HI is, and I can hear it just as well here as if I were there). There will be 10's of thousands of people at the Festival, so plan your time accordingly if you are planning to go to Seattle Center, and if you are needing a cab to the cruise terminals.

Does anyone know the additional charge for a 3rd passenger? We will be going from the airport to the downtown Sheraton and then from Sheraton to Amtrak the next morning.

Thanks!

There are never more than two of us in a cab when we use one, so I'm not sure, unfortunately. I don't believe that it is more than a few dollars extra for the third person. To find out for sure, though, you can give them a call (since their website doesn't say, either) at 206-522-8800. Sorry I couldn't help you there.

Check out www.shuttleexpress.com You get on the shuttle at the airport and they take you directly to your hotel or the pier. You can also pre-arrange pick up after your cruise. If more than two traveling, it should be a better deal.

Have you ever used this shuttleexpress? I am worried that there will be multiple stops at many hotels (similar to the Vegas shuttles) before we even get to the terminal. It would be a great less expensive alternative to the cab - just worried about all the stops?

Have you ever used this shuttleexpress? I am worried that there will be multiple stops at many hotels (similar to the Vegas shuttles) before we even get to the terminal. It would be a great less expensive alternative to the cab - just worried about all the stops?

It's a typical van shuttle. They don't guarantee one stop trips. Capacity is about 15, so you could have several stops.

We have used Shuttle Express many times while visiting Seattle. We live in Idaho, so this is an easy trip for us. Yes, you may have several stops, but they tend to keep people together who are in similar locations. It won't take that much longer to get to the pier if they do stop. And the price is still cheaper than using the cruise transfers. Princess charges $18/person, so that comes out to $72/4.

Just saw that you are going to Pier 30. Since that is not near any hotels, you would probably be the first one off, or you would only be with other cruise passengers. They really do a good job of getting you to your destination quickly.

• 9 months later...
Does anyone know what the cost for 2 would be from SEA-TAC to the new Pier 91 for a Princess cruise?

My parents are older (79 yrs.). Are they going to have to duke-it-out for a taxi on disembarkation day? :confused:

About $50. Duke it out? I doubt it, but they will probably have a struggle getting their luggage onto and off of the shuttle getting to the parking lot to get into the taxi queue, unless the Port makes some changes to their plans between now and then (check out the thread on the status of Pier 91 in the West Coast Departures for addl info on all of that).

Check out www.shuttleexpress.com You get on the shuttle at the airport and they take you directly to your hotel or the pier. You can also pre-arrange pick up after your cruise. If more than two traveling, it should be a better deal.

I will use them again for the hotel but not for pick up.. Several time (including once we were there) friends have reserved them to pick up at the pier early to get to the airport for 11-12:00 flight.. once they werent there yet and the other time they were waiting for others... We take cabs to the airport ...maybe not if you have late flight but... Oh,and the other time they had our return on the wrong day and only found out bec. I logged onto my email onboard the ship. They'd have been a day late otherwise!

Archived