Anchorage - 4 hour layover

CCName

We have 4 hours to kill from the time we arrive in Anchorage until our flight to Fairbanks. I know - flying on miles.

We arrive at 7:30pm and leave at 11:30pm.

Anything within reason to do around the airport or within that time frame?

Thanks,

TJ

Really not much out by the airport, except some hotels, car rental places, and a few restaurants and those aren't really even within easy walking distance.

We do have a nice Native Art Display and if you're traveling with your laptop wifi is free.

airplane_icon.gif Alaskan Native Art Display:

500yellowBar.gif

The Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport has partnered with the Alaska State Council on the Arts to present one of the finest collections of current period Alaska Native art in the world. The art gallery is located in the Mezzanine of the new C-Concourse after passing through security.

Susan in Anchorage :)

Are you flying on Alaska Airlines?

They might switch you to an earlier flight for no cost, if there's space. Happened to me a few years ago, but Fairbanks to Anch. They had a flight leaving every hour and they let me on an earlier flight, no extra cost.

We have 4 hours to kill from the time we arrive in Anchorage until our flight to Fairbanks. I know - flying on miles.

We arrive at 7:30pm and leave at 11:30pm.

Anything within reason to do around the airport or within that time frame?

Thanks,

TJ

Hello, 1st I'm assuming you are arriving from central time zone, so 7:30pm is actually 10:30pm your time, you may be a little bit tired.. but... what I would suggest, is taking a cab to C street & Tudor, which isn't too far - and have yourself a good dinner at some of the local chains; Appleby's TGIFridays, Cattle Company,Golden Corral etc.. but with a taxi to/from that adds up too... But the BEST BET - just incase your are hungry and want an alaskan beer and a local burger try the Peanut Farm which is Intl Road and Old Seward - a couple bucks cab ride, real close - - you can sit and dine outside on the deck and watch salmon swim by in the creek, and also walk over to the Wildberry Products, which is a local chocolate factory and shop. Both the Peanut farm and Wildberry are close enough so you won't have anxiety over trying to hurry up and eat.

Archived