Venice to Rome

joan24

We are considering the Venice to Rome itinerary for next May. The only ports that I'm a little concerned about, since no one I know has been there, are Kotor, Monternegro and Sarande, Albania. I would really appreciate some information if anyone has been there and liked or disliked these ports. Thanks.

Joan

We just reserved this cruise. For Kotor, it looks like its one of those places you want to be on deck to watch the ship entry to the port. We plan on just wandering around there and enjoying it. I saw one of the travel shows go there and it does look like its very interesting and no quite over run as a tourist spot yet. We're really looking forward to this trip.

Hi Joan

Sailing into Kotor was one of the unexpected delights of the cruise we took two years ago. The fiords were beautiful. It was a bright sunny day as we cruised in the late morning. After docking we took a trip to Sveti Stefan and the old town of Budva where we were lucky enough to stumble across the festival of Dan Siruna. They were grilling mackerel and serving it with wine and bread at no cost. There were folk dancers and other entertainers performing in the town square. Later we walked around the walled city of Kotor. The ship did not sail out until 11 PM that evening.

Jim

Archived