Trip/Flight Insurance

CruzinFamilyof5

The fine print is very confusing. Which insurance is comprehensive for flight and cruise? Which has the best service. I've read complaints about cruises on consumer report where the customer described not getting reimbursed for several months up to a year. I guess what I'm asking is which insurance has less loopholes that the can get out of covering your loss? Anyone happy with a particular company? so many different plans to choose from:

Bronze

Silver

Gold

Platinum

Titanium

Uranium

Plutonium

Kryptonite

:p HELP!

I always purchase travel insurance when leaving the US. I've had claims three times and very quick turn around. I usually use Travel Guard. I was just reimbursed for my flight to Mexico cancelled because of needing my second heart bypass surgery.

The fine print is very confusing. Which insurance is comprehensive for flight and cruise? Which has the best service. I've read complaints about cruises on consumer report where the customer described not getting reimbursed for several months up to a year. I guess what I'm asking is which insurance has less loopholes that the can get out of covering your loss? Anyone happy with a particular company? so many different plans to choose from:

Bronze

Silver

Gold

Platinum

Titanium

Uranium

Plutonium

Kryptonite

:p HELP!

I purchase Travlex Travel Lite policy through insuremytrip.com.

They are primary insurers and their customer service is excellent. If you purchase within 21 days of initial trip deposit (I estimate air costs into my trip cost if I haven't purchased air yet and it can be modified later), they will cover pre-existing conditions related to you, your traveling companion, family member and business partner, whether they are traveling with you or not.

jerseygirl3,

i tried their live chat and can't seem to get a straight answer. Since you have traveled quite a bit, here is the question I had regarding this possible situation:

Swiss Air goes default or cancels flights a week before we are scheduled to board at LAX or our connecting flight due to weather in Zurich, 2 days before the cruise. Which one covers our need to purchase alternative transportation or airfare $2000 each (holiday and last minute) to Barcelona in order to board the ship on time? Does anyone know the answer?

It seems a tie between Travelux Lite and Travel Guard for the same premium. They also had a supersaver for about $200 less with similar coverage. :confused:

... Swiss Air goes default or cancels flights a week before we are scheduled to board at LAX or our connecting flight due to weather in Zurich ...

I wouldn't worry about Swiss going default. They are a subsidiary of Lufthansa which is a very strong airline.

It sounds to me like you are in good shape as you have 2 extra days built into your schedule for dealing with delays.

Archived