Grand Princess or RCI Independence

celticfc

Dont know what to do, we have the option of sailing either Independence or Grand Princess Summer 09.

Sailed Navigator last year and loved it and will be sailing Independence 2008.

My hesitation with RCI is it is the exact same itinery however Grand is a bit of change.

Whats your thoughts anyone who has sailed Grand and Freedom Class??:D

progress.gif

Dont know what to do, we have the option of sailing either Independence or Grand Princess Summer 09.

My hesitation with RCI is it is the exact same itinery however Grand is a bit of change.

progress.gif

My thoughts are that you can put the Grand into the Independence. I like big ships, but I think they're getting ridiculous. Independence holds 4500 passengers. I too loved the Navigator which I think is big enough.

Pia

Since you're already booked on Independence for this year, try the Grand w/ some different port options for 2009. Was on Grand back several years ago and sailed Liberty of the Seas last fall.

We also are looking in to the Independence, right now have a deposit on the Mariner though. The only thing about Princess compared to RCCL is the food! We greatly enjoy the RRCL food choices at dinner over the Princess menu. Princess has tried to make it very fancy IMO, but not tasty. We like the American food, just cooked good!

This is all in a person's choice, but just wanted to put it out there.

progress.gif

The Grand Princess is half the size of the Independence. If you like big ships with climbing walls, roller rinks, and lots of people, I would go with the Independence. However, I believe service and the smaller ships are much better and the service is much better on Princess. We are just off the Voyager of the Seas (3400 passengers) and I can't wait to get back to Princess and the smaller ships.

Archived