excursions through locals or RCCL?

Malloy414

it's our first time crusing and we're in need of any recommendations for excursions..do we spend the money through the cruise, or has anyone used a tour guide they can refer?

thanks..

Dee

Do you have a tour in mind?

it's our first time crusing and we're in need of any recommendations for excursions..do we spend the money through the cruise, or has anyone used a tour guide they can refer?

thanks..

Dee

We have gone through the ship, as well as used a private company. I like to use Shore Trips and I have also heard Island Marketing is very good. We like the smaller groups with the private companies. We took a dune buggy excursion in Cozumel and there were only five buggies. It was great.

I didn't start this post but I am looking for the same thing. I am really looking for some reliable companies to use. I don't want anything too strenuous. Last time I went to Cozumel we went to Tulum so I didn't see anything of Cozumel. Would love to get some ideas as to what a couple in their fifties would enjoy.

thanks!

I didn't start this post but I am looking for the same thing. I am really looking for some reliable companies to use. I don't want anything too strenuous. Last time I went to Cozumel we went to Tulum so I didn't see anything of Cozumel. Would love to get some ideas as to what a couple in their fifties would enjoy.

thanks!

This couple (in their fifties) still likes to rent a jeep or car and tour on our own. Their are lots of scenic beaches and stops, especially on the east side of the island.

Mike

could you recomend a beach close by the port for swimming and snorkling we like to look for shells too! we are in our early 40's with a 13 yr old daughter. also could you tell us the best places to shop and browse as we have limited time and have to be back on the ship by 5 pm thanks in advance!

Great place if you are looking to just "veg out" local tours or ship tours are fine....we went on the ship tour and there were a bus load plus 4 vans (taxi's) with our group, and once we got there, it still felt as though we were alone...there is plenty of room to spread out and enjoy....the vendors were not obtrusive and you only had to go through the "flea market" on the way to the rest rooms....not particularly good prices, by the way...Hope you have fun, whatever your choice...Jimmy

Archived