Does Carnival have its own Private Island...?

I also recommend that if you don't feel compelled to be up nearest the tender port and the band and all the other "action" but just want somewhere to sit and relax, walk on down the beach toward "Water Sports Center 2" and find a couple of chairs and/or hammock down there. It's close to the picnic area, there is still a bar and plenty of staff walking around with drinks.

We went down there and rented a clamshell after standing in line for about 15 minutes at WSC1 only to be told they were sold out at that end of the beach.

http://www.hollandamerica.com/assets/cruise-destinations/HalfMoonCay_Map.pdf

I can't wait to go back! Have I mentioned how much I love it there? :D

Thanks for the info and the map! Can't wait!

About 99% sure that HAL and Carnival are the only two lines that go to HMC.

I love it there SO much. Cannot wait to return. We first stopped there on Fantasy and loved the itinerary so much we did the exact same cruise 6 months later on Elation and I insisted a friend of mine come with us. She used to travel a lot and said it was the nicest beach she's ever seen.

Yes, it was HAL's island for awhile, then when they started moving all of their ships out of the Caribbean in the summer, Carnival Cruise Line started making use of it (no need to let it go to waste). Now most of the HAL Caribbean ships use it for most cruises, and Carnival uses it for a relatively small number of cruises. Getting more use out of it allowed more investment in the island - larger dedicated tenders, etc.

It's like being on the ship - the food is free, but you pay for most beverages. There are a lot of "excursions" and lots of equipment for rent. It really is about the nicest beach there is.

To anyone who is lucky/blessed enough to be going to Half Moon in the near future, have fun. It is the most beautiful beach I have every stepped foot on, plus it had all the 'comforts' of the ship. Take a lot of pictures, you won't see anything quite like it again.

Archived