cooking and/or bartending classes

Barek

I seem to recall hearing that HAL offered these. On the Vista class ships, I'm guessing that the cooking class is held in the Culinary Arts Center - but where's the bartending classes held? I'm guessing one of the bars, but which one?

For each, where is the signup for them? At the same place they are held, or at the front office?

Can't tell you about bartending, but sign up for cooking classes at the Front Desk or with the Neptune Lounge concierge if you're in a suite. The Front Desk will have the menus to be done for each class. Don't know about the N.L., but my guess would be there too. Sign up ASAP after boarding, as classes are just twice per week, and can only take a max of 12 people. Yes, the class is in the Cul Arts Ctr.

My guess is that the bartending class sign-up would be the same places.

I signed up for a mixology class at the Crow's Nest bar, the same day the class started. I've seen classes in the atrium bar on different HAL ships too, where they were holding a mixology class; so venues do change.

When we took mixology classes on the Oosterdam, we didn't sign up ahead of time - we just showed up at the Atrium bar at the stated time. We did sign up for the subsequent classes (there were two more) at the end of the first session. We had loads of fun!

On my last Oosterdam cruise I passed by the Atrium Bar, where a mixology class was being held. Everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves, lots of laughter as drinks were mixed. As to the cooking classes, I was told that the menus were listed in the folder that you got when boarding, although the front desk would also know.

If the cooking classes are so popular, why aren't they held more often?

The mixology classes sound fun! Do they do tastings also? DH and I got quite tipsy at a martini tasting just before dinner one night on our last cruise! :D

If the cooking classes are so popular, why aren't they held more often?
To begin with, they are only done on sea days, and some cruises don't have many of those. Secondly, there is competition for the space (on our ship the Wajang Theater is also the Culinary Arts Center) where movies are shown and other things such as the free cooking demos are done. On our first Amsterdam cruise we played Bingo there ... but that was before any Culinary Arts Centers existed.

luvcruisin': I've never seen the menus for the classes or the demos in there. Maybe that's in the suites that we've never had?

Archived