Another Edventure question!!!

BeverlyS

I just sent my deposit for our Edventure Tour!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

They sent me all the pricing information and we picked out what all we want to do. Bonnie stated that we pay the balance in Cash when we get there... do you know if they accept debit cards, or do I actually have to have Cash?

Also, how much should I tip them? And when do I give them the tip? With the actual payment, or after it's over?

There will be myself and my two teenage daughters and we'll be there for 9 hours.

Does someone watch your bags while you're snorkeling?

Just want to make sure we get this all right! lol!

Bev

no clue on the debit card. I never use mine in Mexico. I paid in cash I think they had told me cash or traveler's check.

Our stuff was kept locked in the car.

I tipped at the end (I'm not an advocate of pre-tipping). As for the amount, what ever you feel is fair for the service they provided and the day you had. :)

Ok, thanks... I'll just make sure I have the cash for that day....

The reason I ask about the amount of tip is because I live in a very rural area in PA and tipping amounts are much, much lower than in a city... so I sure don't want to insult them by not tipping enough!

To me, $20 might be enough to give for the day... yet to someone else, they may think nothing of giving $60! Is there a percentage that maybe I could go by?

Bev

We just returned from our wonderful day with Edventure Tours. I e-mailed Bonnie a week prior to our trip to ask what we owed on the balance so I wouldn't have to carry a wad of cash around. For a family of five, our day was $393, including deposit, Tulum entrance fee, cenote snorkeling (all gear included), lagoon snorkeling, van and driver (Mamo) and Ed as our guide. We're all beginner snorkelers and required hands on instruction--I had a panic attack! Ed left us after the lagoon with our driver to go on to the restaurant La Buena Vida (well worth it if you can make the time!). We invited Mamo to eat with us, we had appetizers, drinks and of course the entrees. Our restaurant bill was $88, and I tipped the waiter $10. In the end I tipped Mamo $50. We were met at the ship, picked up at 1:30, and back in line to board by 9:00. A wonderful day and worth every penny.

Archived