Past Splendour guests

Does anyone know what time the open the doors at the Texas Cruise ship Terminal?

<font face=arial size=3>Fantasy ~ 10/01</font>

<font face=arial size=3>S/S Norway ~ 04/02</font>

<font face=arial size=3>Jubilee ~ 11/02</font>

<font face=arial size=3>Ecstasy ~ 04/03</font>

<font face=arial size=3>Norwegian Sky ~ 09/03</font>

Cruise Pics

<center>

<font face=arial size=2>Countdown to the Splendour Of The Seas:</font>

<A HREF="http://escati.com" TARGET=_blank>

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=221100&cdt=2004;4;26;16;00;00&timezone =GMT-0800</A>

</td></tr></table>

</center>

Countdown to the Elation

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=FFA000&cdt=2004;10;03;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Riviera Deck Randy: If you are talking about the port at Galveston where the Splendour of the Sea is at, normally they will start letting people on the ship around 12:30 pm. Sometimes as early as 11:30am.

What date are you sailing on? I will be on the Splnedourn on April 8 for Easter and then again on May 1st for the transatlantic.

I hope this helps you. If you have any more question feel free to ask I live just a few miles from the port and sail once a month on the Splendour or the Rhapsody.

Roberto

Roberto: I'll be sailing on the Splendour the Saturday of the Kappa fest in Galveston. What time should I leave NW Houston (hwy 290) to beat the Kappa traffic? Mt Hubby said 7am but I would think that would be a bit early! It takes an hour and a half or less to get there on normal conditions. That would be a LONG wait in the cruise terminal if the ship doesn't open it's doors to passenger til around noon time. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Fantasy '94

Fascination '95

Enchantment of the seas '97

Rhapsody of the Seas '98

Rhapsody of the Seas '00

Enchantment of the Seas '01

Rhapsody of the Seas '01

Celebration 2-02

Adventure of the Seas 9-02

Jubilee 1-03

Navigator of the Seas 9-03

Splendour of the Seas 4-17-04

Grand Princess 11-13-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2325FF&cdt=2004;04;17;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Splendour of the Seas 4-17-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2325FF&cdt=2004;11;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Grand Princess 11-13-04

Hi All,

We just got back from the Splendour today. We were on board ship by 11:30 a.m.

It took us 2 hours driving from the 290, Hwy 6 area, because of the 290 and Beltway traffic on Monday. We left home at 8:10 and waited in Galveston to board. Note that we were the first to board after the wedding party!

I'll be posting a review sometime tomorrow or Monday.

Southward ~ 1984

Tropicale ~ 1985

Sun Cruise Lines ~ Stella Solaris ~ 5/91

RCCL ~ Song of America ~ 7/92

Carnival ~ Fascination ~ 9/95

RCCL ~ Sovereign of the Seas ~ 10/97

Princess ~ Grand Princess ~ 10/99

RCCL ~ Voyager of the Seas ~ 10/00

RCCL ~ Adventurer of the Seas ~ 11/01 (Thanksgiving)

RCCL ~ Monarch of the Seas ~ 2/23/02

RCCL ~ Monarch of the Seas ~ 2/28/02

RCCL ~ Radiance of the Seas ~ 11/23/02 (Thanksgiving)

RCCL ~ Explorer of the Seas ~ 2/22/03

RCCL ~ Monarch of the Seas ~ 5/8/03 (Price was right)

Princess ~ Grand Princess ~ 11/23/03 (Thanksgiving)

RCCL ~ Splendour of the Seas ~ 3/29/04 Diamond Status

Hi RobertoWard. We will be on the sailing April 8 as well. Looking forward to it. We are headed to Chin Rios to eat and perhaps some snorkeling at Punta Sur. Maybe we will see you onboard.

I wrestled with reality for years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state, I finally won out over it. (Harvey 1950)

Next cruise- Serenade of the Sea to Alaska- July 25. Roll call started!

Klingoncruiser,

We went to Punta Sur per your recommendation here somewhere on the board. It was well worth the money. I wish was back on the Splendour right now. We had a wonderful time on her through a part of the Panama Canal. Her crew and food got a tumbs up from us.

God bless you and yours.

Being at the top of the list this one caught my eye. I just booked on the Splendor for a 2005 Mediterranean.

Seeing as there are so many of past guests here could anyone point me to a thread, or website that can give me room specific information.

I have booked 7626, aft corner, and I seem to remember reading somewhere about rooms with poles in them? I really want to confirm my room before all the others are gone.

Thanks for any help you can give me.

bluepaintbrush.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;11;21;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Until we sail again!

and next up Splendor of the Seas

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2005;06;25;19;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

days and counting!

icon_cool.gifHey there cool travelers. We just returned in March from an 11 day cruise on the Brilliance and had a blast. April 22, we will sail for a "shortie" on the Splendour. The last time we sailed out of Galveston was in October, 2003 and Roberto you can probably answer my question. In October, the area around the terminal was a mess, as they were working on the new terminal. Has this new terminal been completed now, and how is the "flow" through her if she is? We usually get there around noon. The last time we were on the Splendour was March 2003. Has any remodeling been done on her? I am anxious to "Get out there" again. We will also be going on the Rhapsody on October 25th. Thanks for any info. anyone can supply.

Daksnana

Debbie from Texas

Hi All,

The new terminal has not been completed yet. The flow of traffic is pretty good compared to Ft. Lauderdale, Miami and Puerto Rico. We were the first to arrive at 10:30. There was plenty of seats and the staff kept us informed about the check in.

Kathy, We were also in an aft cabin 7130. It was not as big as the aft cabins on the Explorer, but still very nice and roomy. Big enough for 2 lounge chairs and a table. I can tell you the cabins next to ours were fine (no obstructions), but I can't tell you about the end cabins. Maybe someone else out there can.

-Nancy

Southward ~ 1984

Tropicale ~ 1985

My family will be sailing as well on this Easter weekend and are coming in from various parts of Texas. We were under the impression that the best place to park was atthe cruise terminal parking lots and there used to be a parking coupon on the port of galveston site - can't find now. Any suggestions on where to park several cars that would be "affordable" and safe? thanks for any additional help -

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RobertoWard:

Riviera Deck Randy: If you are talking about the port at Galveston where the Splendour of the Sea is at, normally they will start letting people on the ship around 12:30 pm. Sometimes as early as 11:30am.

What date are you sailing on? I will be on the Splnedourn on April 8 for Easter and then again on May 1st for the transatlantic.

I hope this helps you. If you have any more question feel free to ask I live just a few miles from the port and sail once a month on the Splendour or the Rhapsody.

Roberto<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

live well, laugh often

we cruised 3 weeks ago on the Splendour and loved it. They are building something next to the RC terminal, we heard it was another terminal for Princess. We parked in the A lot and a shuttle took us back to the terminal. We printed a 5.00 off coupon from the internet and the cost was 27.00. They lock the parking lot when its full. We were on the ship by 1:15 and sent to the buffet. Our luggage was their soon after. I had heard horro stories about the wait but we basically walked right on. On disembarkment it was very organized. When you color tag was called you went thru customs which was a breeze and off the ship. We walked back to our car with the luggage instead of one of us picking up the car and going back thru the line. It was not a bad walk at all.

Daksnana: The mess is gone, they have not started on the new Terminal yet but will be soon I sure,it must be done my Nov.04. The Rhapsody will be going in to drydock at the end of Oct, 1st of Nov. She is stil a great ship.

Robertoward

BirmanCrazy: On the Kappa weekend it is a good thing to get to the Island early, make sure you take the port turn off before you get in to town.Its not a good day to try to drive through town. I think as long as you get to Galveston before noon it will be ok, but being early is good. Park you car and go get some to eat or a cup of coffee if you have to wait.

Roberto

Hi Driftwood Gal. Yup, it is a neat place. Stay tuned, we may have a new place on Cozumel. I will let everyone know and try this new spot next Christmas on the Galaxy. Punta Sur is a very nice spot, but it would appear that it is becoming a tourist spot very quickly.

We will be parking in the Dolphin lot this comming weekend. Looks like lots of us are on the Easter trip. Is there a M&M?

I wrestled with reality for years, Doctor, and I'm happy to state, I finally won out over it. (Harvey 1950)

Klingon: I will be nice to know someone will be on the April 8th cruise. No M&M for some reason when you try to sign-up for it, the site comes up and states that the date of sailing is wrong. Any way hope to see you all on the 8th. You can tell its me I will be wareing all black.

Why don't we meet at the Crown and Anchor area on Deck 8 after "mustard" station. Maybe others will join us?

klingoncruiser,

We had a wonderful day in Cozumel. We rented a car and drove to Punta Sur and then the other side of the island.Wonderful views on the other side. We ate at a restaurant that was suggested by the crew called Coconuts. It wasn't crowded and had great food, prices and an awesome view. After we ate we went into downtown... not sure why... never again. then back out of town to Paradise Beach. This is a free beach that had lots to do. We got a coupon for two for one drinks that they were handing out at the pier. You could have snorkled there but I just swam out to the trampoline that they have and enjoyed the ocean. I am sure that this place will become over crowded once the word is out about how nice it is. I tried to talk DH into a short trip on the Splendour again but we need to save up for our 11 night on the Brilliance in Jan 2005. It sure makes a difference when you can drive to the shop verses having to pay for that airline ticket.

God bless you and yours.

H20sign, the literature I picked up on board shows that the aft corner balcony rooms do have obstructed views. We just got off yesterday and Room 7618 is very nice. I'm sure missing it.

Woodyman, sorry we didn't get on board until 4:00 so we missesd the meet up in the Viking Crown, sure would have loved to have meet ya'll.

Hope you had as much fun as we did.

As Riviera Deck Randy originated the thread for our rollcall -- (and I may be missing this) -- did anyone ever answer his original question? Riviera, Woodywoman said that they were in the terminal at 10:30 a.m. Only problem I would see is whether or not the porters are accepting luggage before that time on our cruise day. Sometimes, if the unloading of passengers and/or luggage goes slower, vehicles dropping off luggage are "waived" around by the port authority or police directing traffic.

Glad to see that the mound of debris (from silo demolition) has been cleared! Also, any future cruisers, if you enter the terminal and exit before your boarding is processed -- to go to the restrooms -- direction -- outside the terminal. The only way you can reenter is to go through security again. (This is O.K. unless a bus has just offloaded passengers! icon_razz.gif)

Bookit

Hi all!

Parking - We parked at the "A" lot for $40.00 with the coupon ($5.00 off) that is found at www.galveston.com (under transportation or maps). This was for a 5 night cruise ($9.00 per day).

Meeting - Life boat drill is at 5:00, main dining is at 6:00, so you may want to meet at 3:00 or so. 3:30 is a tour of the ship in which everyone meets at the Viking Crown Lounge (so it is very crowded). Have the men wear a baseball cap or something that is easily recognizable.

Loading and unloading - We were at the terminal at 10:30 and they were waiting for us to unload. The loading and unloading are at 2 different places. You could probably contact RCI about the earliest you can drop off luggage and passengers.

Hey dlbaqua - Sorry that we missed you too. You were right down the hall from us. We occupied rooms 7130 and 7568. I went past your room at least 4 times a day visting my parents in 7568.

Here are some pictures for those interested:

http://members8.clubphoto.com/davidj519946/2185871/guest.phtml

I've sent a review into Cruise Critic, but they haven't posted it yet. I also submitted one to Cruise Buggie. If you send me an e-mail, I'll send you the website, but you can guess what it is.

Southward ~ 1984

Tropicale ~ 1985

[This message was edited by Woodywoman on 04-04-04 at 10:07 PM.]

Thanks WoodyWoman! Glad you had a great time. Your pictures are great! Gets me even more excited (and impatient) to sail on her in the next 12 days! Looks like you had excellent weather throughout. I hope I'm as lucky! icon_biggrin.gif I wish we had a balcony this time but decided to go cheap with a Cat F this time. We've got a balcony on the Grand Princess though. Balcony's can spoil a person! Love 'em! Thanks again for the pics. I'm going to search for your review on the Cruise Buggie right now. icon_wink.gif

Fantasy '94

Fascination '95

Enchantment of the seas '97

Rhapsody of the Seas '98

Rhapsody of the Seas '00

Enchantment of the Seas '01

Rhapsody of the Seas '01

Celebration 2-02

Adventure of the Seas 9-02

Jubilee 1-03

Navigator of the Seas 9-03

Splendour of the Seas 4-17-04

Grand Princess 11-13-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2325FF&cdt=2004;04;17;18;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Splendour of the Seas 4-17-04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=2325FF&cdt=2004;11;13;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500  Grand Princess 11-13-04

Archived