Spa on the Voyager

comettgirl

Can those of you who have used the Voyager Spa tell me what you thought of it? What does it compare to? Is it better or the same as Spa's on "mass market" cruise lines? I have found that the Spa's on say, Princess, are hit and miss. I would hope that the Spa on a luxury line would compare to a luxury hotel like Four Seasons. Am I right or way off base?

Thanks, for your imput.

Personally I think the lay out of the spa on Mariner is nicer... but both spas are quite small, and really divided into treatment rooms, and the hairdressers' area. I wouldn't call either one luxurious compared, say, to the spa at the Hyde Park Hotel! However I have had excellent treatments and hair dressing on both ships.

I thought the spa-- at least my experience there-- on Voyager was somewhere at the bottom of my experiences with spas. I've never been on a mass market cruise, by the way-- have only used spas at good hotels and at places like the various Rosewood Resorts in the Caribbean. And I only use it for massage.

The actual massage itself on Voyager wasn't especially bad-- though definitely not memorable either. What I disliked was the atmosphere of the place. If I'm remembering correctly, the spa is separate from "Regent." I absolutely felt the difference in the "tone" of the Regent employees compared to the Carita (?) employees: The latter seemed perfunctory, pure business. The biggest thing I disliked, though, was that one couldn't choose one's music. One of the pleasures for me in getting a massage is relaxing to music that I find pleasant. There's never a huge selection in other spas I've been to, but it's usually possible to choose from among a couple of discs. Carita has one thing playing throughout all the separate rooms, and I happened to find that music grating-- not at all conducive to relaxation. They could have turned it off altogether, but I do like music when I'm getting massage. The massage itself was "ok," but nothing personal or especially attentive.

I am not a big spa connoisseur, by the way-- have been to maybe a couple dozen. The one on Voyager didn't please me. JMHO

Thanks for responding. Exactly what I wanted to know. We are staying at the St. Regis pre-cruise sooooooo, I will definately get my SPA treatments there. I especially like the "whole Package"..... I was just at the new Four Season's in St. Louis over the weekend and their SPA is wonderful from the moment you walk in. I am hoping the one at the new St. Regis is as elaborate and wonderful......

Archived