Azamara Journey Questions

jenhem

Hi, if everything goes as planned, this time next year I will be on the Journey, heading to the Amalfi Coast! Will probably book it this week, I'm still trying to decide on a cabin, air, etc..

My questions: How much motion do you feel in the Sunset Veranda cabins in comparison to cabins mid ship??

Anyone cruised the Mediterranean end of April/ beginning of May- what is the weather like?? Is it cool or rainy??

And lastly... on the Journey do they do the soda card for the duration of the trip? Coke or Pepsi?? :) Just curious.

Thanks for the help, I've enjoyed reading the threads so far! Jenny

I was a bit nervous about seasickness too, then my husband reminded me that we are going on a 16 night cruise and out of 16 days we are on land and/or excursions a total of 14 days.........so how sick could I possibly get?

Have a great time!

We were on a Med Cruise at the end of May 2007. The weather was warm and sunny with the exception of 1 day in Crete where it rained, but it was not cold. We were not on Azamara Journey but were on an Oceania ship, Insignia, which has the same layout. We were at the rear on Deck 7 and there was definitely more movement here than in our friend's cabin which was midship. As well, when the ship was under power the vibrations were quite significant and we found it difficult to get to sleep on a couple of occasions. When the ship wasn't powering there was no problem.

We are booked on Azamara Journey next September and have opted for midship. Being such a port intensive cruise, we weren't/won't be in our cabin enough to worry about the extra space/cost.

We have been on several May Oceania cruises and found the back of the ship much more calm than the front. If you hit a storm (likely around the coast of Spain) you will feel the sea anywhere on the ship. That being said, we love the Front Suites (Vista or Penthouse) for the space and views. Bring your Bonine and you'll be fine.:)

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the responses! Well, I did it, I booked a trip for the April 25, 2009 Mediterranean Cruise!! We'll be in the Sunset Veranda room 7116. I can't wait!! I look forward to all the good information on this board over the next year as we plan our trip. Thanks, Jenny

We just returned from Miami to Barcelona transatlantic. We had some rocky seas for about 3 days and were in cabin 7109 the aft part of the ship ..the ship handles the seas very well. It did rock a lot at night when the captain was trying to make up time i think, daytime was fine.

The soda card was coke and we bought it the 2nd day and paid $88 including the tip. It was prorated for the one day. juices were included on it and i had orange,cranberry instead of coke a few times. We left the ship April 25 in the Med and the weather was just right. Mornings you could use a light jacket but afternoon was just perfect.

Doris

Hi!

We just returned from the Transoceancruise on April 25th and had a Sunsetcabin ( 8093). We did not feel any motion at all, but Friends of us the booked at Deck 6 one, they complained and changed cabin. We have been very happy with our Cabin and most of all with our Butler Sergio. If you just a bit used to the Sea, then you will have a great time on Azamara in a Sunsetcabin.

Archived