Collapsible Cooler? Which One?

ejeffo

Can someone provide a link to a good collapsible cooler that will fit in my suitcase? I am going to carry on some sodas and water and would like to keep them iced down. What have you guys used? I looked at Target and found nothing. Or... Other ideas?

Thanks!

Can someone provide a link to a good collapsible cooler that will fit in my suitcase? I am going to carry on some sodas and water and would like to keep them iced down. What have you guys used? I looked at Target and found nothing. Or... Other ideas?

Thanks!

i like the collapsible cooler filled with coronas and the mug available under the "gifts" section of carnival. ;)

i think that is what my brother needs to lean towards this christmas season!

if you are intent on finding your own, my husband found a really cool one at wal-mart.

Check out Sam's Club- got mine there. It's like a "tote" bag that zips. We got a 12 pack of soda, a few bottles of wine and a few other things in there plus ice. It collapses flat and fits perfectly in the bottom of your suit case.

Check out Sam's Club- got mine there. It's like a "tote" bag that zips. We got a 12 pack of soda, a few bottles of wine and a few other things in there plus ice. It collapses flat and fits perfectly in the bottom of your suit case.

What size is it? This sounds great. Did it leak? I have heard that is a problem for a lot of people.

What size is it? This sounds great. Did it leak? I have heard that is a problem for a lot of people.

Yep, condensation is a problem. I leave mine on the balcony or in the head since moisture isn't a problem there.

Got ours at Sam's a few years ago...

When folded down, it is the size of a Sunday newspaper. (almost exactly)

Taken it on 3 cruises now.

It never leaks, but there is condensation.

We usually set it on top of a table or cabinet with a towel under it to absorb the condensation.

The ice usually lasts for almost two days.

I fill ours with shoes and some t-shirts, etc... and check it like luggage.

Then we pack our sodas in the middle of our sturdiest luggage.

We will definitely never cruise without our cooler.

(tried the mini-fridge in the cabins and they only keep drinks slightly cool, NOT cold.)

Bill

I looked for a collapsable cooler at our Walmart and couldn't find one (of course you can never find an employee to help you). In which department did you find yours? Name brand? What exactly should I be looking for...what does it look like?

I looked for a collapsable cooler at our Walmart and couldn't find one (of course you can never find an employee to help you). In which department did you find yours? Name brand? What exactly should I be looking for...what does it look like?

I saw them yesterday in Kmart in the sports section. Made by California Innovations, 40 Can capacity in either gray or navy nylon. The nylon cooler can be taken apart from the handled wheeled section. The handled wheeled section can be used as a luggage cart. $29.99. It has a shoulder strap, too.

Archived