10:55 am flight will I make it to Rome Airport

I am on Princess round trip Rome in August. Ship gets in at 5 amI called Princess and they said they could not promise to get us to airport for earlier than an 11:30 flight (So I booked the last available flight at 11:45 AM)

You might call your cruise line and ask.

We did a cruise out of Rome last year on Royal Carribean and I don't think you have a problem. Just make sure you get off the ship early and have reliable transportation back to the Airport. I would call the cruiseline and see what they recommend. Even their transfers leave early (7:00 to 8:00 AM). You should be able to get back to FCO by around 9:00 AM. Plan ahead and you should be alright. Tim

We are going on Navigator of the Seas in July and we dock at 5:00 am, will I make a 10:55 am flight in Rome. Has anyone done this?

Thanks.

you need to be at airport by 09.00. allow one hour for transfer. the earliest you can leave ship depends on civitavechia immigration authorities, and how soon they board ship and release it after docking. you need it all to fit in place.

We are going on Navigator of the Seas in July and we dock at 5:00 am, will I make a 10:55 am flight in Rome. Has anyone done this?

Thanks.

I´ve done a 09:50am flight out of Rome last year after debarking the Legend otS without a problem. We had a private car and driver hired to take us to the airport. We had plenty of spare time, but yes I was nervous about it as it was definitely cutting it close and you need to be aware that there´s not much that should go wrong with a tight schedule.

The airport in Rome can be a bit chaotic. Find the line you think to be the right one for check-in, but then have someone in your party verify this. Even with the help of DH's cousin (who lives in Rome and works at the airport for Alitalia) and DH who speaks fluent Italian, we had a tough time sorting out where we needed to go. And, once we were in the right line, we waited almost an hour in line to check our luggage.:eek:

Good luck, and have a great cruise! :)

We did the same thing on Legend of the Seas yesterday. We left at 6:45 a.m. to have ample time for the drive, traffic, and lines at the airport.

We planned to share a transfer, but other passengers could not go, so we took the ship transfer ($85 per person, but they guarantee you will get there on time).

If you share a transfer with other passengers, I suggest going with Rome Cabs or with another company that has very strong recommendations for dependability. You can get that information on Trip Advisor in the Rome forums.

Enjoy your cruise... Ciao!

I highly recommend a private transfer. Unfortunately we can´t recommend anyone here but I´ve mentioned who we used on my website.

A private transfer is not only more comfortable but also a lot cheaper if more than a single person. We paid less than the $170 we would have paid for cruise line transfer.

Hi,

We also have this situation in Oct off the Celebrity Galaxy..but our flights leave Ciampino airport which is further away....Celebrity don't transfer you to Ciampino according to our TA - they only transfer you to Fiumcino or Rome Termini..so we will be a bit nervous come that morning....we should be docking at around 5pm and our flight leaves at 10.30am.....we're going to book a private transfer and keep our fingers and toes crossed!

Tinka14 :)

I highly recommend a private transfer. Unfortunately we can´t recommend anyone here but I´ve mentioned who we used on my website.

This is incorrect. You may certainly suggest a tour guide/operator/company in response to a request for a recommendation. As you can see from this forum, that's what members mainly discuss.

What members cannot do is start a new thread recommending a private company. Those threads are removed.

Hope this clears things up.

Karen

HostKaren@CruiseCritic.com

Archived