Carnival Miracle Specialty Restaurant

Theresa522

Haven't been on Carnvial since 2004 and for the life of me I can't remember if there is a specialty restaurant on board :confused:

If there is I have a couple of questions:

1: what is it called?

2: Can anyone recommend some good dishes?

3: In your opinion is it worth the extra money?

Thanks in advance :D

Definitely worth the price. The service, food and ambiance are outstanding.

For $30 p/p you get a full dinner. I live in NYC and at an upscale restaurant the entree alone could be at least $30+

If you like Lobster Bisque you have to try theirs. It is to die for.

Here are some pics of the food.

2704136970046899484S425x425Q85.jpg

2136501870046899484S425x425Q85.jpg

2283642010046899484S425x425Q85.jpg

2210021980046899484S425x425Q85.jpg

The filet mignon was so tender that you didn't need teeth to chew it....LOL!!!!!

I highly recommend that you go to Nick and Nora's at least one night.

You won't necessarily miss the shows. If you make a 7:00 or 7:30 res, you should be out of there by 10 and I believe the late seating show starts at 10:30.

But I get up everyday for work at 3:00 am so my body is conditioned to get sleepy early.....plus im 50 years old and the ocean air and getting up to watch the sun come up gets me sleepy early.....im old! LOL:)

But I get up everyday for work at 3:00 am so my body is conditioned to get sleepy early.....plus im 50 years old and the ocean air and getting up to watch the sun come up gets me sleepy early.....im old! LOL:)

Well I'm not much behind you. I will be 49 next month. :D

Yummy, and thanks for those tips. We're looking forward to Nick & Nora's on our Feb '09 cruise. We'll make sure we book an earlier seating, so we don't miss any of the shows. God forbid I come home from a cruise having missed something!

Sandi - what did you wear? Formal, resort casual, or somewhere in between? Do you have a picture :)

Just think, pretty soon, we'll qualify for that "Specialty Board" here on CC - 55+ cruisers :eek:

Yummy, and thanks for those tips. We're looking forward to Nick & Nora's on our Feb '09 cruise. We'll make sure we book an earlier seating, so we don't miss any of the shows. God forbid I come home from a cruise having missed something!

Sandi - what did you wear? Formal, resort casual, or somewhere in between? Do you have a picture :)

The dress code is the same as the dining room. On formal night, it's formal attire, on non formal night it's non formal attire. Although now they don't call it formal night anymore, it's elegant night. We went on a non formal night and I wore a nice pants suit and my husband wore dockers and a nice button down shirt.

Just want to mention something.....if you make an early res, there could be children. When we went we had an 8PM res and there was a family with a little girl of approx 3 yrs old and a baby. They were very disruptive. The 3 yr old kept running on the dance floor getting in the waiters way and the baby was crying. Thank goodness the father had common sense to take the baby out. Personally IMO I don't think young children belong in there. It's really an adult oriented venue.

Just want to mention something.....if you make an early res, there could be children. When we went we had an 8PM res and there was a family with a little girl of approx 3 yrs old and a baby. They were very disruptive. The 3 yr old kept running on the dance floor getting in the waiters way and the baby was crying. Thank goodness the father had common sense to take the baby out. Personally IMO I don't think young children belong in there. It's really an adult oriented venue.

Yeah. I've always felt it's the parenting, not the child, and I'll never understand why some parents insist on including children in situations where it's nearly impossible for them to behave appropriately. Oh, well. I don't want to wreck this peaceful Sunday morning with the controversy that topic is bound to open up.

Yeah. I've always felt it's the parenting, not the child, and I'll never understand why some parents insist on including children in situations where it's nearly impossible for them to behave appropriately. Oh, well. I don't want to wreck this peaceful Sunday morning with the controversy that topic is bound to open up.

Yes, that can be a very heated topic on this site. I have 2 children of my own, although not babies anymore. 20 and 15 yrs old and when they were babies I would never bring them into a place like that.

So if you do go, I think an 8:30 res would be good but then you will miss the show.

:cool: :cool: Fifty lashes with my hearing aids. Since when is 50 old, I'm 55 and never heard that rumor before. I don't think I went to bed any given night before 2:00 AM and up at 7:23 AM (force of habit) You are on holiday, so what if you are tired, suck it up and party hardy you can rest up when you get home. Seriously, if you tire easily grab a chair go up to 12th deck out of the sun and grab a quick nap.:cool: :cool:

Although I agree about small children in Nick & Nora's I also can't dictate to people where & when they should take their children. I always tell/told my kids about taking their small ones out to eat consider the childs attention span & go somewhere that will not take a couple of hours for the meal to be completed. Kids do not want to sit at a table or in a high chair any longer than it takes them to eat so if you are not considerate of the people around you at least be considerate of your kids wants & needs, why would you want to make them sit somewhere for a couple of hours bored & cranky. If you want to go to a restaurant to savor the food & ambiance get a babysitter, that's what grandparents are for. I even offered to babysit for my daughter on the Miracle last week so her & DH could go but she declined, said she was fine with the food in the dinning room.

Archived