What about these luggages

puggal

I've been thinking about purchasing one of these pieces but not sure which one would be worth the $$$. Any opinions would be appreciated.

25" American Tourist Barcelona, 25" Dockers Oceanside, 25" Dockers Bayside, 25" Jeep Liberty, 25" Jeep Outfitter and 25" Jaguar.

This is my first time flying and cruisin. Usually we take land trips and use duffels bags.

I personally prefer 26". I think its the perfect size for a 1 week vacation. Fits everything I need, and still doesn't go over the weight limit.

Not familar with the brands you mentioned, but take a look at places like TJ Maxx and such places for good prices.

Also, you may want to go onto a site such as ebags to see of there are any reviews on the brands you are interested on. That web site has more reviews for luggage than any other site that I have found.

Pick the lightest suitcase possible that has wheels. We used two 26" suitcases plus two carry-ons for our 12 night cruise plus 6 nights in Rome last summer. BUT my suitcase weighed 58 lbs! Fortunately I was travelling First Class so had an allowance of 70 lbs. however I did purchase a new suitcase at TJMaxx after that cruise which is much lighter and will likely hold the same amount of clothing and weigh under 50 lbs.

Kathy:)

The extra large rolling duffels are really nice too. The lighter weight is better. It is not going to matter what brand you get, they can still get damaged and extremely nasty during flight and cruising. It is a chance no matter what. Some airlines are extremely strict about the weight issue.

That's why travel scales are invaluable!

I agree. My son works for an airline (an aviation major) and tells me the stories about people checking in and then finding out how much their luggage weighs and pitching fits. It can turn into a nightmare for some. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks about the travel scales.

I agree. My son works for an airline (an aviation major) and tells me the stories about people checking in and then finding out how much their luggage weighs and pitching fits. It can turn into a nightmare for some. Unfortunately, not everyone thinks about the travel scales.

It's also best to go a few pounds lighter if you can. I was once embarrassed at check in, thinking I'd gotten under 50 lbs. when the bag was over by 5 lbs., my home scale was innacurate :o . Fortunately, the gate agent was humored by the whole thing. I was able to shift a few things around without too much trouble.

It's the only time I went over-weight, packing for Alaska is hard to stay under the limitations :eek:

Try to find expensive luggage at Marshalls, TJ Maxx, Ross, etc. Also check dept. stores for closeout sales. If you google "Travelpro discount luggage," you'll be directed to websites that carry quality luggage. Macy's recently had a set of Travelpro on sale at a very good price but I don't know if it was the same quality as sold in the better luggage stores. Outlets are another place to shop.

Archived