Room Service

Hi!

We're cruising to Alaska this summer with our 8 year old. I can imagine between the time change and late seating, there is a good chance he will be out cold by dinner time the first night or two. What are our options for room service dinner. Can you get the dining room menu? (I'm sure we will fill him up by the time he falls asleep, but hubby and i might like a real dinner)

During dinner hours, you can order off the dining room menu for most items. But--and here's the big thing--if you aren't in a suite with a dining table, eating on the coffee table at knee height is less than pleasant. You may want to consider running by the Windjammer and eat at a real table with some space!

During dinner hours, you can order off the dining room menu for most items. But--and here's the big thing--if you aren't in a suite with a dining table, eating on the coffee table at knee height is less than pleasant. You may want to consider running by the Windjammer and eat at a real table with some space!

That is great to hear! I thought about Windjammer, however, if the boy is asleep, we can't both leave. I think dinner on the coffee table is nicer on vacation than solo buffet!

That is great to hear! I thought about Windjammer, however, if the boy is asleep, we can't both leave. I think dinner on the coffee table is nicer on vacation than solo buffet!

2 thoughts.......we are just off of Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean:

1) Send one of you up to Windjammer & bring food back to the room - no problem, plastic plates, etc. Cabin steward will return dishes/silverware for you.

2.) Each day on LOS from 3pm-5pm or 3:30pm - 5pm they had Afternoon Tea.........believe me it was more than tea, in the Windjammer a full buffet of tacos, burgers, dogs, desserts, salad bar, etc. How about feeding your grandson and having a snack then rest until your dinner seating. I did not even know about the afternoon tea until Thursday of our voyage(good thing) - went in to get my daughter lemonade and saw the spread.......that might work for you.

Good luck. There is food everywhere...........I'm jealous I would love to do Alaska cruise.:)

Archived