Jim & Ruth Back on the boards

JimVrhovac

I do not know how to copy just your stuff on ins. could you make a note of it or copy whatever and give to me onboard? looked like good advice -see you sat. vicki and harold

vjb, you can just "copy and paste" the info you want into an email to yourself. With your mouse just highlight the part you want to keep. Then under "Edit" click on copy. Open an email and paste it into the email to yourself. Then print it out.

Jim - Where is that place where y'all stop for swamp cabbage? I was curious since I'm up and down the E. coast of FL from time to time on business. I was going to check it out since I wondered if they serve other types of FL Cracker type food there. I'm not too crazy about swamp cabbage though. When I was growing up, my grandma and uncles use to fix that stuff frequently. I never got into that mess.

Ken

The restaurant it is Kenansville, just south of St Cloud.

Only restaurant in town. Only business in town also.

Take some antacids and air freshners for the return trip home and make sure it is not raining so you can keep the car windows open...

Bon Apitite......

Jim

Jim - Thanks for the info. I still remember the environmental problems caused by swamp cabbage back when I was a kid and they cooked up a batch of it:D . My uncles used to go out in the woods in S Polk County, find a cabbage palm, and cut it fresh. We also used to have BBQ's with a fresh hog. One of the by-products of the BBQ was often "chitterlings." Have you ever had those? (or worse yet, smelled them cooking?):D . This sure does bring back memories.

Ken

Archived