Water temperature too cold in January?

Dianardz

I am planning on taking my children on a cruise in Jan 2009 on either the Ecstasy or Fantasy. Can anyone tell me if the pools are opened or closed? Is it too cold to swim?

The pools should be open unless the sea is rough enough for the water to splash out and they have to drain them. The temperature will depend on the sea temperature since the pools are filled with sea water.

We always cruise in the Carribean in feb or march and it's always warm enough for the pools...We are going out of San Diego in October and I know it's going to cool the first day out and the last sea day coming back...Dennis

I am planning on taking my children on a cruise in Jan 2009 on either the Ecstasy or Fantasy. Can anyone tell me if the pools are opened or closed? Is it too cold to swim?

Our second cruise sailed out of New Orleans. We always cruise in February (except this year) to escape the cold New England winter for a week. We were surprised how chilly it was the first and last days of the cruise. We could not sit up on the deck and it was too cool to wear bathing suits. On the second day, once we headed towards the Caribbean, all was good.

Where are you sailing out of and to where?

Archived