Separate accounts for our room?

Gma&Gpa

There are three of us going on a cruise together, and are getting ready to book our room. We'll be rooming together - but we would each like to have our separate accounts - for paying FOR the cruise and for our ship and sail of course.

Can this be done? In the past, I've only gone with my husband - so our account was joint. Will Carnival set us up so we each have our account? Or do we have to "pool" our money and pay for it that way?

There are three of us going on a cruise together, and are getting ready to book our room. We'll be rooming together - but we would each like to have our separate accounts - for paying FOR the cruise and for our ship and sail of course.

Can this be done? In the past, I've only gone with my husband - so our account was joint. Will Carnival set us up so we each have our account? Or do we have to "pool" our money and pay for it that way?

Yes, each person will have their own folio account.

Okay - so let me make sure I have this straight. We can each have our own S&S account. Which is great.

But can we actually make the reservation on three separate accounts?

When our single friends booked together, I think they had one booking number and their info was on the same invoice from the TA, but they were all able to pay separately via their CCs with the TA.

When our single friends booked together, I think they had one booking number and their info was on the same invoice from the TA, but they were all able to pay separately via their CCs with the TA.

Yes, that is correct. Everyone in the cabin will have the same booking number and they can pay separately,

Yes ! Each can have their own personal account.

Either via online check in - enter each person's credit card.

Or - at check in at the port - or on-board - each person

can register their personal credit card for the onboard account.

First of all, have your travel agent set up individual accounts

for each person to pay for their share of the cruise. BE SURE

THE TRAVEL AGENT LINKS ALL ACCOUNTS TOGETHER SO

YOUR DINNER ARRANGEMENTS ARE LINKED TOGETHER.

Once on board you can double check your accounts to be

sure it was all done correctly. Some cruise lines you are

able to do this online - or you can go to the reception

area and request copies of your onboard accounts.

Have a great cruise !

Just note...That whom ever's name is first listed in the cabin will be the one that gets the phone calls made from that room charged to their name unless you make sure you go down to the pursers desk and get them transferred to the correct person. Also true with and water or soda consumed from the rooms stash. And if anyone looses a carnival blue towel the first person listed gets the charges applied to their sign and sail account. I learned these charges the hard way. Now I make sure the room steward brings 3 waters and we are each charged for one and put our own names on them. I don't mind sharing or buying for others but it does get tiring when you get taken advantage of. Know the boundaries and everyone in the room stays happy.

Thank you all for your answers. I think I'm clear now. As far as costs, it happens that in OUR room, we are all related (sis-sis-niece) - so I don't think we'll have any issues.

Obviously, it's important to have separate sign and sails - and if we can just all go on-line when we want to make our payments - and use our own card, and track it - things should work fine.

Archived