NE/Canada Cruise

Cruise Organizer

I am planning to go on the Caribbean Princess to NE/Canada in October. I now it won't be hot, but how cool will it be? .

I've been on 18 cruises, never on Princess, but I am looking forward to something new.

I'm looking for reviews/feedback on this cuise, your likes/dislikes.

Just wondering what date you are going to go. We have a little group on the Oct. 19th cruise and we are on the Caribbean Princess board. Never been to CAN/NE I would imagine it will be cool. A few suggested that we pack slacks, sweaters, sweatshirts etc. Now that the airlines has limited the luggage it will take planning to pack.

We have sailed Princess 5 times and have enjoyed all the ships we have been on. We like the smaller ships so we were a little hesitant to book the Caribbean Princess. I read a few reviews on passengers comments and so far not too many negative thoughts. We have never sailed out of NY before so looking forward to that experience too.

Check out our little group!!

It's hard to answer your question about the weather because there are so many variables. What ports are you visiting? Early October or late? The weather can vary from quite warm to downright cold so you will need to be prepared. Bring a sweater and a jacket for the cool periods and dress in layers so you can adjust to the warmer times.

We went this past September, mid-month. I did not pack correctly, especially for balcony wear and we spend a lot of time there. It was frigid when we were in motion. It was cooler than my early June Alaska cruises so pack as if you are going there with lots of layers. I had to buy a heavier jacket in Bar Harbor. In the ports, it was mostly cool and nice.

I am planning to go on the Caribbean Princess to NE/Canada in October. I now it won't be hot, but how cool will it be? .

I've been on 18 cruises, never on Princess, but I am looking forward to something new.

I'm looking for reviews/feedback on this cuise, your likes/dislikes.

We did the Regal Princess from Montreal to NY. It was cool up top and definitely sweatshirt or coat weather. Also for most it will be some kind of head gear / ear cover weather late afternoon or evening.

It is a great trip and we really enjoyed the ports. Have a great trip.

We are going on the CB Sept. 28 and are packing plenty of sweatshirts and coats. I've spoken to several friends who did this cruise and they said it was very cold in Maine and colder in the two Canadian ports.

In fact, we've been told to expect fog or drizzle too!

BTW - we went to the Mexican Riviera the last week in March and it was freezing there too - we were not prepared and didn't bring enough warm clothes.

We did the same cruise on the Crown in October '07 and the temperatures were quite pleasant. We had to buy extra T-shirts in St. John's, in fact, because we had packed heavier clothes for cool weather. We had record highs in Boston, Halifax and New York.

But being Canadians, we might we a bit more used to the cold than most.

I did this itinary a year ago on celebrity and it's really wonderful. The fall folisge is beyond description. Do bring a small umbrella and a rain poncho, I bought mine at the 99 cent store and pitched it afterwards.

Archived