Why does HAL give upgrades?

Roboat

That was a campaign slogan back in the 40's! "Vote early and often for Curley". He was a mayor of Boston many times, and also served as governor of Massachusetts. Even served (as mayor, I believe) from jail! Politics was a lot more fun then.

The 40's? Buddy Cianci's a lot more recent than that! :rolleyes:

-dave

The 40's? Buddy Cianci's a lot more recent than that! :rolleyes:

-dave

But Buddy didn't serve from prison. He had to resign before he left (don't remember exactly what point he resigned; I think it was after his appeals failed and he was scheduled to go.) Wonder if he'll run again when he gets out? Hummm.... Gotta luv him!

The "Vote early and often..." was James Michael Curley. (A last name I proudly kept when I married!)

I am going to disagree with what we are told....about last minute bookings, because we just did it last month! We were in Florida on vacation and were facing evacuation. I did not relish the thought of going to a shelter for my vacation...so I called up a TA I know (in Florida) and asked if there were any cruises leaving ASAP that had availablity. She found us a lovely verandah cabin that left the next day. We booked/paid on September 10 and were off on the Zuiderdam on September 11. I know that this is contrary to all the security stories....it was more than 24 hours but lesss than 36 ahead of sailing. Also....to get to the port you do not have to show any cruise documents. You have to show your passport. We had no cruise documents....they were at the check-in desk in the port terminal. I did have a receipt from the TA....but no one asked to see it!

We are not complaining...we were grateful to go on a cruise last minute that preserved our vacation....but how secure does that make you feel? The 72 hour story is not true!

The "Vote early and often..." was James Michael Curley. (A last name I proudly kept when I married!)
I thought people only married their cousins in West Virginia? They do it in West Warwick too? :rolleyes:

<ba-dum-bump!>

[note: I was born & raised across the bay in Riverside. Whenever I'm within 100 miles of Warwick I drive down for a couple of New York System weiners and some Del's frozen lemonade. Also to stock up on Johnny Cake meal and Eclipse coffee syrup (how else can you make a coffee cabinet)! :) ]

-dave

I thought people only married their cousins in West Virginia? They do it in West Warwick too? :rolleyes:

<ba-dum-bump!>

[note: I was born & raised across the bay in Riverside. Whenever I'm within 100 miles of Warwick I drive down for a couple of New York System weiners and some Del's frozen lemonade. Also to stock up on Johnny Cake meal and Eclipse coffee syrup (how else can you make a coffee cabinet)! :) ]

-dave

Yea, they may marry cousins in West Warwick, but I'm from Warwick!

There's a huge difference. I was considered an outsider in West Warwick.

Want a grinder with that cabinet?

Yea, they may marry cousins in West Warwick, but I'm from Warwick!

There's a huge difference. I was considered an outsider in West Warwick.

Want a grinder with that cabinet?

Warwick, West Warwick, Cranston - you folks all looked alike to us over on the western side of the bay. :)

-dave

Archived