Secret Harbour Brides (or anyone wanting to give an opinion)

If anyone has gotten married at Secret Harbour in St. Thomas, I have a question about your reception. We are having our reception at Blue Moon Cafe (where I am assuming all reception would be since it is on location). Here is my issue: I REALLY want the reception to be on the patio area. However, we are having only about 25 guests, and with less than 40 guests you cannot have it on the patio and have it be private (so, other vacationers would be dining on the patio as well). With my size guestlist, it has been arranged that we have the reception inside the restaurant in a private room. My question is, where were your receptions held, and did you like it? I guess my choice is:

1. have a private reception indoors

2. have a reception on the patio with other non-guests there

It sounds as though my WC feels it is better to have it privately indoors, but at the same time I feel as though I want to be able to really take in the fact that I am in St. Thomas, whereas if I am in a building, it seems like I could be in Nowhere, USA and defeats the purpose of having a destination wedding in the first place.

If anyone has gotten married at Secret Harbour in St. Thomas, I have a question about your reception. We are having our reception at Blue Moon Cafe (where I am assuming all reception would be since it is on location). Here is my issue: I REALLY want the reception to be on the patio area. However, we are having only about 25 guests, and with less than 40 guests you cannot have it on the patio and have it be private (so, other vacationers would be dining on the patio as well). With my size guestlist, it has been arranged that we have the reception inside the restaurant in a private room. My question is, where were your receptions held, and did you like it? I guess my choice is:

1. have a private reception indoors

2. have a reception on the patio with other non-guests there

It sounds as though my WC feels it is better to have it privately indoors, but at the same time I feel as though I want to be able to really take in the fact that I am in St. Thomas, whereas if I am in a building, it seems like I could be in Nowhere, USA and defeats the purpose of having a destination wedding in the first place.

Is paying for 40 guest an option? Just to be able to request the patio? If it were me..I'd inquire about it. I see your point about the whole indoors issue.

I have been to Secret Harbor and eaten at the Blue Moon Cafe. The patio area was not really large and was pretty sunny. Looks as if it could get hot, although the tables all had umbrellas. You would have no privacy, as people on the beach can see you, and the patio area is where guests entered the cafe.

Also to think about; there is a bathroom kind of behind the cafe, and it can get really crowded with people from the beach and people from the Cafe waiting in line to use it. I don't know if there was another bathroom inside the Cafe. Hopefully there is.

So not only would you have other people eating around you, but you would have people wandering through your reception to get inside the cafe.

I would have it outside. The reality of a beach wedding is that it's casual and you have to kind of roll with what happens. You may find that people will just assume the patio is for a private party and not even attempt to sit there. Go with what you want; it will work out one way or the other.

Archived