booking air through Carnival

I have been on 2 cruises and my parents on 5 and we have always booked air with Carnival. We figure by the time we pay for airfare, hotel, and transfers to and from the port it is paid for. The convenience is worth the little extra, besides right now our Carnival airfare is cheaper than any I have found online.

Thanks to everyone who responded. Since we live in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, we definitely want to fly a day before our cruise. We haven't booked yet, but we think we will do the March 22nd Panama Canal cruise.

Carnival did quote me a price that seemed very reasonable for the flight, but we would have to drive to Minneapolis. I don't like thei dea of not having any control, and I would really worry about getting confirmation of a flight if I didn't have it well in advance.

I will be calling airlines and checking on-line.

Thanks again!

Gale

Hi Ken,

No, We still haven't made a firm decision. Part of the delay is waiting for another couple; also, I am hoping for a sale.

Gale

You know you don't have to wait for a sale, after you have put down your deposit just watch for a price decrease then call for a price adjustment. Last time I checked cat's 8a,8c 11 and 12 were sold out.

I am going to be the odd one out in this discussion, but with increasing air fares and decreasing capacity on most air routes (USA Today has reported that you can expect capacity to decrease 20%), it may be time to seriously consider booking air through the cruise lines.

You can book 330 days out. See what fare you can get and if it is cheaper go with your own air, if not go with cruise air. If you book cruise air you can cancel up until final payment without penalty, so you will have plenty of time to decide.

Everyone needs to realize that the days of inexpensive air travel are over.

Not trying to say you are wrong but I got a flight from Chicago to Miami for our October cruise on Destiny for $199.00 rt and this included all taxes and fees and flights are non-stop. I just booked this over the weekend so I would say this was inexpensive. The deals will still be out there you will just need to look. Transfers can be purchased through Carnival so you will not need to worry about getting to/from the port. Just my opinion.:)

Archived