white plains airport HPN

cruiz30

Have not used it, but have to believe that your flight choices will be far reduced compared to JFK/LGA/EWR. Also, in the case of irrops (irregular operations), you'll have less in the way of alternatives for getting you to your destination.

OTOH, it has to be easier than any of the big three. Trade-offs....up to you to decide.

I actually used the airport twice and flew Airtran (tiny seats) from FLL there. Got such a great price (and perfect time - non stop) that I flew there and rented a car then drove 2 1/2 hrs to Providence. It was school vacation week in NE but not NY. Very small airport, flight arrived early. Very limited parking is what the locals told me. Locals say it's a little know secret gem! Need to be dropped off rather than park car for a week or so.

Small, older airport.

As mentioned, there are pluses and minuses. If something goes wrong, there are fewer choices for alternatives and hard to get replacement planes or crews there. On the other hand, it has a much lower hassle factor than the NYC airports.

I used to use this airport regularly (business trips to Western CT). I alway preferred it to the big three.

Paul

Prices at HPN cheaper than JFK, LGA, or EWR? I doubt it.

On specific flights I can find that being the case, but I know first-hand that traditionally HPN carries a premium to flying out of the big-3 as the airlines know that the business people who use it are willing to pay the premium for not having to drive into the city to catch a flight.

Also just want to mention high price for parking your car, I think it is something like 22$ a day!! But maybe that is comparable to NYC airport parking.

I go to Newburgh/Stewart airport about 30 minutes north for cheap air and direct flights to Florida with much less car park charge!

Also just want to mention high price for parking your car, I think it is something like 22$ a day!! But maybe that is comparable to NYC airport parking.

I go to Newburgh/Stewart airport about 30 minutes north for cheap air and direct flights to Florida with much less car park charge!

Actually that is comparable to parking at JFK/LGA/EWR. It's about $15/day for the long-term lots and $30/day for the short-term lots. But again, that's just NYC for you.

Archived